Atrial Fibrillation

jarhead28

Hello,

Recently I had some heart trouble. Last December I had irregular heart palpitations similar to what is described as atrial fibrillation. During the episode I was short of breath and got light headed. Needless to say I went to see a cardiologist. A whole bunch of tests were done including an EKG, echocardiogram, stress test, blood tests for sugar, electrolytes, cholesterol etc. Nothing irregular was found, my heart looked normal. I did have a fair amount of acid reflux which I am taking OTC meds for now.

Nothing was diagnosed because they haven't found anything to cause it. Just the possible cause of acid reflux. How will this affect my medical, ie will I be able to get a first, third or even lose it? I haven't had been to an AME yet but will in the near future. Are there any recommendations of any AMEs that handles these types of issues near Ann Arbor MI and any other suggestions?

Thanks

You need to report seeing the cardiologist. Get copies of the records to include all of the tracings from the stress ECG plus a Holter monitor report to be forwarded to the FAA by the AME. You should get a medical with no problems if you provide all of this information.

Back