ATP Written

slpilot

For those that have took the ATP written or have been studying for it. Whats the easiest way to do it? I have the ASA test prep for my computer and the gleim book. Yet so many of these questions seem so irrelevant to anything, it gets so frustrating.

I like checkride.com for all of the FAA written tests. It is updated all the time and you can try it before you buy to see how you like it. I've used it for my instrument, commercial and ATP.

I liked the King videos, although there's no sense in spending more money on it since you already have perfectly suitable study material.

Purchased sheppardair at 5 oclock the evening before with out ever having looked at anything, followed the study directions exactly and passed with a high 90s (Id have to look but I think 96 or 98) early next afternoon. Total study time about 6 or 7 hours. I didn't do a single math question on the exam. All the other were memorized using sheppardair method. It almost feels like cheating, but hey I got a better score then most.

I went to ATP dor my written (had not done any previous training there). I started "studying" at 8:00am, took the test at 1:00pm, finished at 1:23pm with a 94%. It cost $300, but I wasn't doing any good studying the Gleim book I bought.

I'd put in a vote for going to ATP. It was really painless, follow their gouge and take the test a couple hours later and be done with it. This alleviates having to to master the performance charts. I'm not very good at memorizing, but that's the beauty of doing it this way. You only have to know the code and then pick the high middle or low number. I didn't learn anything out of this, but I can't say I really needed to learn the performance charts of a 727. Do it this way, get it done and forget about it until you turn it in to the examiner. It was well worth the extra money if you have it.

Gleim software. Save yourself the pain and money of ATP. Sit in front of the computer with the gleim software loaded for a few hours. Take a lunch break. Rinse, repeat.

After 2-3 days of 8 hour sessions, go take the written.

-mini

Gleim software. Save yourself the pain and money of ATP. Sit in front of the computer with the gleim software loaded for a few hours. Take a lunch break. Rinse, repeat.

After 2-3 days of 8 hour sessions, go take the written.

-mini

Pain amd money???? The Gleim software costs $65 then you have to take the test, $75, so that is $140. ATP costs $295 (only $155 more) and you only have to sit in front of the computer for 4 hours versus 16-24.....

Gleim is cheaper, save the money, but I think ATP was less pain! That is if there is a location near you.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but what are the differences between the 121 and 135 ATP writtens? Does it matter which you do? What happens if you take a 121 ATP written and then do your practical has part of a 135 type rating, or vice versa. I understand that the ATP written lasts for 2 years, unless you are working for a 121 carrier, is this the case for both 121 and 135 writtens?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but what are the differences between the 121 and 135 ATP writtens? Does it matter which you do? What happens if you take a 121 ATP written and then do your practical has part of a 135 type rating, or vice versa. I understand that the ATP written lasts for 2 years, unless you are working for a 121 carrier, is this the case for both 121 and 135 writtens?

You can take the 121 written and then do your ATP checkride with a 135 checkride, and I assume vice versa.

As far as the two years, it is my understanding that the written is good as long as you work the same carrier, be it 121 or 135.

Thanks for the reply.

Is the question bank the same for 121 and 135? I understand they are both 80 questions over 3 hours.

Is the question bank the same for 121 and 135? I understand they are both 80 questions over 3 hours.

I believe the only difference is in the Regulations section. The 121 written has 121 regs, and the 135 written has 135 regs.

Back