ATP offering initial CFI again

I noticed their "all 3 CFI ratings for $7K" page on the Web: http://www.atpflightschool.com/programs/certificates/cfi/cfi_program.html

I don't quite understand, though...they offer a maximum of 5 hrs of SEL and 7 hrs of MEL. My questions are:

1) is that enough to get all three CFI ratings?
2) That's a huge pile of money for 12 hrs of dual...almost $500/hr. What else is included?

Thanks,
Martin

The 1 week crash course on what you need to know to get you your CFI. There is no way you could walk into an FBO and say "I want my CFI - MEI - II in 2 weeks, make it happen!" ATP knows how to get you through and get you working. Again, the crash course is supposed to be a refresher, but its a damn good one.

People can bash Franky V all they want. He is an #######, but he gives you every piece of information that you need to pass. He knows the examiners and he knows what they hit on. People ask if they have a gouge for their checkride. The answer is, yes, Frank V talking all week long. There sometimes he even says "Robert, you have Mike, pay attention, he WILL ask you this stuff."

Frank after a flight "Robert, I give you about a 51 percent chance in passing this checkride." I passed biatch! Haha

I could get someone ready for the CFI in 2 weeks if we worked every day. That is true though, figure 8-10 hours a day at my ground rate of 45$/hr and its like $2500 for a week.

I noticed their "all 3 CFI ratings for $7K" page on the Web: http://www.atpflightschool.com/programs/certificates/cfi/cfi_program.html

I don't quite understand, though...they offer a maximum of 5 hrs of SEL and 7 hrs of MEL. My questions are:

1) is that enough to get all three CFI ratings?
2) That's a huge pile of money for 12 hrs of dual...almost $500/hr. What else is included?

Thanks,
Martin

You honestly might as well spend the extra 1k and do the 8k course. Then you get 6.5 hours of ME more which is important for those who dont have a great deal of ME in general. Even if you do have PIC time its a good idea if you are from the outside just to get ready. In addition you get whats below. EVERYTHING you need to take your oral is below and included. Remember you arent learning ANYTHING new during this course. It should be stictly a review. From the outisde you should be fine. However many who struggle through the CFI school do not have a good basis from back in the private days. It really shows during CFI school. Its not a joke and must be taken serious. However it is also a LOT of fun. I really enjoyed my two weeks in JAX. Its a hell of a lot but looking back it was a HUGE accomplishment. I finished all my instructor certificates in 14 days.

ATP Manuals:
Piper Seminole Training Supplement
ATP's Flight Instructor Packet
ATP's CFI Program Pre-Test
Aircraft Manuals:
Piper's Seminole Information Manual
Cessna Owner's Manual
FAA Manuals:
FAR / AIM
FAA Airplane Flying Handbook
FAA Instrument Flying Handbook
FAA Aviation Instructor's Handbook