ATP grads

DL31082

Hey everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to see how many people went to ATP and what you did after you got out,

I attended the FTY location and got done at the end of May 08. Now I'm instructing at Advanced Aviation a flight school located at KLZU flying mostly DA20s and DA40s. Anyways, everyone else chime in.

Hey everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to see how many people went to ATP and what you did after you got out,

I attended the FTY location and got done at the end of May 08. Now I'm instructing at Advanced Aviation a flight school located at KLZU flying mostly DA20s and DA40s. Anyways, everyone else chime in.

I opted out of CFI. Currently back home still working on the CFI ticket, and going through the hiring process for the NYPD. Ultimately hoping to get into the Aviation Unit.

Finished at FTY at the end of April. Instructing at a flight school in Massachusetts. Got hired into the pool at Mesa, but furloughs will keep me out for a while.

I never understood the rationale for opting out of CFI school.

I was at the BWG location this winter and finished in late March 08’. I am currently CFI’ing in Columbus, OH and plan on moving to Jacksonville to teach with ATP…I miss the Seminole!
I would like to CFI until part 135mins and then fly for a Flight Express type company. For now, I am enjoying the ride!

I finished CFI school in PHX March of '07 and have been flying for Colgan ever since. 15 Months on the Beech 1900 and I'm transitioning to the Q-400 now.

Last thing I heard ATP was pretty much shutting down Standardization until they need some instructors. I know that 4 people started last Monday, but as far as I can tell they aren't even starting another class anytime soon.

Did the program in the summer of '03 in GKY, instructed for a year with ATP at IWA and GKY, then got hired in '04 at XJT.

Bob

Finished my CFI's at the beginning of July 2008. Went to standardization around July 16th. Was there about 10 days when they told me they didn't need me. They sent 4 out of 6 of us home. Now I'm in the Chicagoland area looking for a flying gig. Most likely CFI'ing until spring or summer of next year. Embry Riddle wanted me to come out to Phoenix for a second interview. Their pay isn't good enough for me to pay my bills. They don't offer any guarantee pay either. No housing options. All that kind of blew my mind. You would think such a big flight school would have better options for their instructors. I just declined the second interview. Oh well. I'll just keep looking out here.

Good luck guys,

Ben

Just curious, how did they determine which 4 of 6 were sent home?

Well, they finished 2 guys and then all of the sudden they started playing games with the rest of us. Pretty much just having us hang out without any contact from them. It seemed like they met their quota of 2 guys and then were done.

Ben

I saw that 4 guys never ended up at a location. From the looks of it the two guys that made it through were guys that went to JAX for there training. Surprise surprise.

Thats too bad they had you come all the way out to JAX and then not give you the job.

Anyway, I finished the ACP in August of 2006, instructed at a local flight school untill October 2006, then went to ATP. Instructed at the RAL location for a year and then got a job flying Citation II's for a small charter company. Im doing contract work for them now and looking for a full time job.

Did the 10 month program in Riverside starting on October '04, finished up everything July '05, then instructed at an FBO in socal for a year and a half and am now at Republic Airlines! :nana2:

Began ATP Riverside (The best location) June 25th 2007, finished up end of beginning of October 2007 in RIC. CFI'd between October 2007 and June 2008. June 18th I was in class for the Saab with Colgan. Today I am 1 week off of IOE and loving it. Wish the pay was better though :(

Started my private through ATP in September 06.
Started working for ATP in February 07
Instructed and finished a degree by June 08
Got hired, and thrown back into the pool at Skywest 2 days before class started on July 4
Got hired as a Falcon FO for a local on demand freight operator July 08

Started my private through ATP Septemer 06
Got a job in my hometown instructing mostly foreign students. Plus side is I got around 150/hrs month or more.
Got a job flying right seat in a MU-2 part-time (1250/300ish times when I got hired.)
Got hired by Mesa to fly the Dash-8. (1600/600ish times when I got hired.)

Posting on behalf of my pilot:

Started ATP Jax Feb 06
Instructed ATP Jax July 06-March 07
Hired with ExpressJet April 07
Diagnosed with cancer and went on long term disabilty with Xjet Feb 08

Currently working back at ATP Jax (as a "white shirt", gasp) teaching ground school as needed and working on some curriculum stuff, while riding out the waiting period to get medical back.

K

Back