ATP (CRG) treats you like crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonynsx

When I first started at ATP, everything was fine. I had a good instructor, who cared about his students, and actually showed up on time for lessons. Everything was fine. I had this CFI till my instrument rating. I passed my checkrides in the first try. Then I finished my cross country flights, and gets another CFI for commercial stuff. I knew from the beginning that this guy is going have issues with me. First of all, he dosen't show up on time, sometimes 1-2 hours late, and tells me he didn't see me. Then I get scheduled for ground school for 2 hours, and he teaches for 5 minutes, and just walk away. Don't get me wrong, there are a few CFIs that care, but most don't, and also the management. Also, I've been off for sometimes for 5 days off straight for no apparent reason. I've personally seen some people getting special treatments. I think everything would have been fine if I had the same CFI, but they gave me an idiot for a CFI (you know who you are). Anway, basically I got kicked out for accidently over servicing the engine. When I checked it, it was between 6-8 qts, 7 qts (2000 model seminole), so I put 1 quart to fill it up to 8 qts, but when my CFI shows up to check it, it's over serviced. I don't know if somebody serviced it after me because I finished the preflight 2 hours before the CFI checked it. They gave me a number to call to the main ATP office to talk to somebody over there. This guy was really ignorent, basically he talked like an idiot like he didn't even know about this. I'll never go to ATP for anything, I should've gone to a local FBO.

Yeah, unfortunately, he is not telling you something. Tony, you know you have been the one who has not shown up on time on many occasions and have rarely been prepared. Not only that, but, and I dont say this to be mean, you have not performed to the PTS and thus you were not signed off. To try and blame all of us instructors is crazy. This isnt the place to air this kind of one sided attack, mostly because you can not for one minute think some body wouldnt get on here and tell the truth, do you?

I am not sure about the "over servicing" of the engines, I didnt see that. But if you were going for a Commerical Multi rating, dont you think you should know how to fill an engine properly? Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back?

ATP gets a lot of flack for not properly training (unjustly so, I think). But this is a good example of how ATP would rather give a refund than smuggle and unsafe pilot through. Sorry it didnt work out for you, but dont blame us. I was there when you were given chance after chance after chance.

Good Luck.

I didn't have any problem till I changed CFI. I don't know how he can tell me I didn't show up on time, he wasn't there to see if I was on time. I know you can't always stick to the schedule, but when it's every time, you start to wonder. I've always showed up on time. I guess since this is the internet, you can just type whatever you want. I'm not the only student that have failed because of this CFI. Basically he's not good at teaching. I know he reads this message, that's why I'm saying it here. I blame me for letting this guy be my CFI, I should have asked for somebody else, but I didn't. I take the blame for that. Glad to be leaving ATP. Should've gone to a local FBO.

I find it interesting that your CFI for the Commercial rating has a stellar pass rate and is a gold seal instructor to boot. You, on the other hand, did not perform to the PTS and to even postulate that someone added oil to the engines of your plane is ludicrous. Not to mention the fact that there was no more than a 5 minute gap - max - between you adding the oil and your instructor meeting you at the plane. We watched you do it.

I do not say this to insult or pile on but to keep this thread honest, but I know for a FACT that you failed your 1st CMEL checkride attempt because you didnt know how to figure TAS. Dont blame your instructor. That is just a cheap shot. Life will get better when you stop blaming others and take responsibility. This would fail you no matter what- FBO or not.

Hopefully someone will close this thread soon. He has his version you two have yours. The two of you are ATP instructors he is a kicked out student, both are obviously going to stick up for your side. I have to admit I have never heard of a student getting kicked out for what he said he was kicked out for. Not flying to standards will get you let go though. This is just from an ATP grad who is not an ATP instructor.

Tonynsx- Just go to your local FBO and finish there. You should already have over 100hrs of multi. It wont take you long to finish up. Just make sure you find an instructor that you get along with better. That is one benefit of an FBO you can actually pick your instructor.

Don't worry DL, this Eclipse guy is something else, will make a post to show all, watch for it.

Hopefully someone will close this thread soon. He has his version you two have yours. The two of you are ATP instructors he is a kicked out student, both are obviously going to stick up for your side. I have to admit I have never heard of a student getting kicked out for what he said he was kicked out for. Not flying to standards will get you let go though. This is just from an ATP grad who is not an ATP instructor.

Tonynsx- Just go to your local FBO and finish there. You should already have over 100hrs of multi. It wont take you long to finish up. Just make sure you find an instructor that you get along with better. That is one benefit of an FBO you can actually pick your instructor.

EXACTLY! Thank god. Its ok to have thoughts against ATP you all. Also unless you are his instructor or the person who asked him to leave you do not know the details. Also you SHOULDNT. If you do there in itself lies a problem with ATP.

[modhat]Personal rants like this do not belong on JC. It appears there are a LOT of different issues at play here, and this discussion needs to take place between the two parties involved.[/modhat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back