ATC tours

Not difficult at all.

I wouldn'd suggest calling a facility training manager for one though. Find out who the local NATCA rep is, contact them, leave a message and they should get back to you within a few days.

The only thing I will add. No foreign nationals are allowed in any ATC facility nationwide. Now, that may have changed in the past year since I was in a facility, but that was the law of the land.

At any Level I or Level II tower, it's pretty darn easy to get a tour. Busier places, maybe not so much.

I was an officer in our aviation club at my college, and we arranged a tour of the tower and TRACON facility in Spokane, Washington fairly easily. We got to see both the tower and TRACON with no trouble at all. Also, we arranged a tour of Seattle Center fairly easily as well. We never took the tour due to scheduling issues with our club, not the center, but if I remember right, the only stipulation we had is that they could only take a certain number of people at once, but it wasn't difficult at all.

its as hard as picking up the phone. Having a US passport helps too.

Not necessarily... a lot depends on the facility manager, the manager has the final say on whether or not tours are allowed. It also depends on security level... there are so many colors I have no clue what they mean but I know tours were banned with the recent threat level. The easiest way, and by easy I mean a live human being answering the phone to talk to, is to contact either the facility training department or the Natca officials. They're your best chance at getting a straight answer...

If anyone hits a roadblock post something up and I'll see what contact info I can find on my end.

I'd like to take a couple students on a Tower Tour myself. Where can I find the contact information for who to call?

Im guessing you're looking at locations in the Kansas area.

Here is the link to NATCA's Central region.

Click on the representative's name to get their contact info.

But people keep calling... it doesnt stop ! :insane:

doesnt mean you have to answer :) monterrey seems to have that problem every now and a again, or so houston tells me when i'm trying to get direct somewhere south of the border or stay out over the water instead of going to cd. victoria.

The link posted by surreal1221 shows the same contact info for the Natca reps as I found ... I also have the facility phone numbers (FAA) for each. I'll PM them to each of you now...

Is there an age limit to attend a tour? I would like to take my cub scouts to the local airport (CAK). They are first graders.

Back