ATC Tour Visits

Jmpir117

Hey folks i tried to set up a tour of the New York TRACON and got blown off Ive read some folks on here have gotten one in there states can someone give me so advice.

PUBNAT2
AT-SAT "Qualified"
Waiting geo pref
PUBNAT5

The first time I went and toured a tower was at a small airport. The second time was iah, and I just went to the natca website and found the name and number of their union rep. Gave him a call and told him who I was and why I wanted to take a tour. He gave me the tower number and I gave them a call. It went pretty smooth.

Basically you should be able to get a tour without too much of a hassle if your a citizen and all that. I just tried to work with their schedule and went at a "slow" time. Also, if it helps, I contacted the tower at iah first and then they set me up with a tour of the tracon after that.

Keep trying

Make sure to tell them you are on track to be an Air Traffic Controller.

Also, seeing that your avatar shows you sitting in the right seat of a Piper I would also assume that you are a pilot. Mentioning that may also help.

Now, the question is, how did I know you were sitting in a Piper? :)

When I was flying, the FAA actually encouraged pilots to tour ATC facilities to get a glimpse of how the system worked. You could always leverage that if all else fails.

yea chris how did you know that lol, yes i am a pilot on the side, and have to talk with those atc guys every weekend lol.

Make sure to tell them you are on track to be an Air Traffic Controller.

Also, seeing that your avatar shows you sitting in the right seat of a Piper I would also assume that you are a pilot. Mentioning that may also help.

Now, the question is, how did I know you were sitting in a Piper? :)
Actually, I think the question should be do you know left from right? :crazy:

puft... left seat. Been in an airplane for 10 years and can't even remember what side of the damn plane the pilot sits on.

As for how I knew... Piper's have the freakin huge panel above your head for the vents and overhead light.

Back