ATC Simulator

Chris Barnes

Has anyone tried, or used, the ATC Simulator from Aerostudios? Just wondering if any current controllers have tried it and their opinions. It was developed by an ex-controller so I would assume it has SOME validity.

www.atcsimulator.com

ohioaviator

Our Dean of the aviation program where I go to school knew the guy who created it so he had us use it in our ATC lab. Pretty good stuff though I have no idea how accurate it really is.

Freezer41

i think its good for developing a scan and doing vectoring. that is about it. Approaches are not pretty and you get a lot of false conflict alerts. Entry and exit points are weird and your sector doesn't even seem to have a set ceiling. I agree its just a game, though a not bad representation of an ARTS scope. Oh and good luck getting voice recognition working.

Rosstafari

Likes tacos
As long as we're on the topic, does anyone have any comments on how realistic/helpful 1. Tower Sim or 2. Playing ATC in FSX are? I've got a copy of both and have yet to try either. I realize that in FSX people are pretty much free to do whatever they want, regardless of an armchair controller's instructions, but with the amount of people who take FSX seriously I wonder if it'd have any benefit for those trying to get into the real thing.

Like me. *cough*