ATC resourcefulness, ASI incident video

that gets you an Archie League Award? I should have 2 dozen of them for saves from TEB departures trying to bust the RUUDY
All depends on the quality of the region in any given year. I remember the Alaskan region having some fairly dubious Archie awards.

that gets you an Archie League Award? I should have 2 dozen of them for saves from TEB departures trying to bust the RUUDY
I did not find that one all that impressive either, but of all of them it effected the most amount of people. Most of the regional winners don't even involve a passenger jet, let alone two. Also it was the tower guys that made the save, and there aren't a whole lot of opportunities for tower controllers to win.

All depends on the quality of the region in any given year. I remember the Alaskan region having some fairly dubious Archie awards.

There is a regional winner for every region every year (even Region X :bounce:). The first year I went to CFS the President's trophy was picked from the regional winners, but last year there was a Great Lakes Region winner as well as the President's Trophy winner.

One of my coworkers won one for something that was "all in a day's work" type of thing. In that instance, he caught a procedural error in a radar/non-radar transition. No one was ever in danger, the pilot's involved didn't even know anything happened, but the person who made the goof in the first place put him in for a save, and it must have been an uneventful year in the Eastern Region. The president's trophy that year went to a BOS tower controller who went a SR22 around who was lined up with a taxiway instead of the runway.

Meanwhile you are in the corner like:

1595862452196.gif

(Edit: or WENTZ. :) )

Back