AT-SAT?

dhood84

I talked to the hiring manager at LA Center and she told me that everyone who is applying is getting a test date. My question is, how long after you apply did it take for you to get a test scheduled?

Derek

I talked to the hiring manager at LA Center and she told me that everyone who is applying is getting a test date. My question is, how long after you apply did it take for you to get a test scheduled?

Derek

The February announcement's applicants heard in two days.
The May 2nd announcement's applicants heard in 23 days.
The May 30th announcement has not heard anything in going on 8 weeks, and are still not scheduled for their tests.
There are two pending announcements to follow, so it's likely that you will have to wait for many months.

Long story short: No one here can tell you; the FAA seems to do it whenever they're good and ready (which can be anywhere from 2 days to 2 months or more).

I know the FAA well as I always have to wait for my permanent Certs to come after checkrides, so I am very patient with them now :bandit:. I just didnt know how it works since I was a OTS applicant using ASAP.

Derek

I know the FAA well as I always have to wait for my permanent Certs to come after checkrides, so I am very patient with them now :bandit:. I just didnt know how it works since I was a OTS applicant using ASAP.

Derek

If it helps at all, I know that it works somewhat like this:
After they're ready (HAHA!), they will post on the MAIN page on ASAP declaring that you have been authorized to take the AT-SAT.

Then, a few days to a few weeks pass, as each group (separated by which testing site you'd take your AT-SAT at) gets notified of the specific testing timeframe that they can schedule in. Then, Robinson Aviation (the FAA's contractor, and who is in-charge of all things AT-SAT) will contact you, or you have to contact them (someone else please verify) within a certain timeframe, to schedule your precise time/date.

After you take your AT-SAT, the scores will also be on ASAP after a few days. There's more to the process involving ASAP after that, but this should give you a beginning idea.

Derek

Did you happen to ask if they were hiring trainees for LA En Route? That is the one in palmdale right? That is where I would like to go, but I haven't seen anyone who is getting assigned there. Is that where you are trying to go?:hiya:

Yeah I have already done the tour at ZLA and talked to the hiring manager for a while, she is the one who got me hooked on getting the ball rolling. So I would love to do en route if I could.

Derek

Yeah I have already done the tour at ZLA and talked to the hiring manager for a while, she is the one who got me hooked on getting the ball rolling. So I would love to do en route if I could.

Derek

Did she say they are still hiring trainees? How did you set up the tour? Do you have her contact info? :cwm27:

The people in the 5/30 announcement starting hearing back today (and maybe yesterday), just under 9 weeks from when it closed. The trend seems to be that it's been taking them longer to go through applicants as time goes on -- not surprising, given that there've been five public announcements alone this year so far, with four of those being in the last few months. In any case, they don't move on to the next announcement group until testing has finished for the previous one, so keep an eye on the progress of the group prior to yours and keep your fingers crossed.

When it comes, by the way, here's what your ASAP page will look like:

AT-SAT_on_ASAP.jpg

Back