AT-SAT Prep

Hello all,

I was writing to ask if there were any good preparations guides online. I would love to buy the prep book that I have been hearing is very helpful, however with buying books for my summer courses it just doesn't seem like that may happen. My exam is July 18th!!!!

If anyone could help me find online guides that would be great!!!:nana2:

How accurate is that ATC flash compared to what we'll see on the AT-SAT? I did pretty well, had a couple of close calls and missed hand-offs, and played till around 400.

The green book with the cd is THE BEST hands down, no substitute for it, training aid available to the general public. I strongly suggest buying it through your local bookstore ASAP. Indianapolis didn't have any copies so I ordered it through borders directly. amazon takes over a month. It would behoove everyone taking the ATSAT to read this book.

Before posting a NEW thread asking about the AT-SAT, just look around. There are MULTIPLE postings/discussions on this issue.:banghead:

and if multiple postings in a message board are the worst thing you encounter today, consider it a WONDERFUL day :)

LOL,

Thank you all for saying it was annoying. I looked at the forums and I noticed only 2 help guides. The math download, which i completed sucessfully, and the scan test. I was hoping someone else would come up with something different. This is like technology. People come up with new ideas every single day.

Try not to chop my head off. :panic:

Just a heads up Trident, when I have a specific question I am posting a new thread no matter how many times it's been mentioned.:laff:

Just a heads up Trident, when I have a specific question I am posting a new thread no matter how many times it's been mentioned.:laff:

lol...thats pretty funny...

i dont mind new posts that help people. i created the thread that had the math help in it, but if a new person has a question can you please just post it in one of the MANY at-sat threads that have been created.

a lot of times, people find these boards, or some like it, with a specific mind in question. They really have no reason to read every other post before posting, so they do. It really isn't a big deal...if you see a new post that has to do with something there is already a topic for, then ignore it. I'll answer it :)

You know what that is? Its called L A Z Y!

How hard is it to use the SEARCH function? I do believe thats what it was created for.

You know what that is? Its called L A Z Y!

How hard is it to use the SEARCH function? I do believe thats what it was created for.

I consider that information outdated and the further along this process moves there will be more people who will have experiences or may have encountered the same situation so I will ask over and over. If you don't ask a question, then how will anyone know that you don't know and if they know what you want to know but they don't know to tell you then you will know nothing and they will know everything and no one will know the truth. Ya know?

I consider that information outdated and the further along this process moves there will be more people who will have experiences or may have encountered the same situation so I will ask over and over. If you don't ask a question, then how will anyone know that you don't know and if they know what you want to know but they don't know to tell you then you will know nothing and they will know everything and no one will know the truth. Ya know?

I know :)

Original post by PolarBear....found it using that wonderful search function...cant be outdated because the test doesnt change

Honestly, unless someone gives it to you, your wasting your time and money. 70% is passing. 85% is Well qualified. Contrary to what you have been told, most don't study for it. This is not from a poll online, but from asking those in OKC. I did not study, and I am here. If anything, brush up on angles and time/distance problems(If you are really worried about this, PM me and I'll send you some).

Do the Time/Distance problems in your head and realize they are not complicated(i.e. An airplane flies 200 nautical miles in 2 hours. How fast was the airplane traveling?). They will not ask: an airplane traveled 135 miles in 14 minutes, how fast did it travel?

Also everything is multiple guess....I mean choice, lol. The correct answer will be in front of you. Nothing is fill in the blank.

I will save you the money and give you the math to study: R*T=D
R= Rate(i.e. mph, knots)
T= Time
D= Distance

Angles:

Memorize what angles look like from 1-360 degrees. Concentrate on 0-45 degree intervals (i.e. 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 360). You can guess the interval by looking at those and seeing what is closest(i.e. if you see a angle that is close to 45 degrees and the answers can be 50, 97, 135; 50 would be the correct answer).

ATC, letter factory, etc are not weighted very high. A lot of people have crashed a ton of planes and scored in the 90s. You will have plenty of time to learn them in the practice exercises and are not expected to be experts at it. I did find Letter factory to be fun, but their are better games based on ATC that you can get for free.

Do not stress over this test. It is really not that hard(although you'll come out feeling like you failed miserably). A score over 85 only gives you bragging rights and trust me.....people are not going through the halls bragging about "I did this well on the AT-SAT...........". They would probably be ostracized and ridiculed if they do.

A score between 70 and 85 isn't bad either. I'd begin to have a good side income if I had a dime for those I have met who were hired with a score between 70 and 85. (If you can't get a 70 on your own, I'd look into another career.).

In short, I would worry more about other things rather than this test.

Ok...you know this...people that are just applying do not. I DO NOT see the point of your complaining...GET OVER IT...Thank you :)

Back