**AT-SAT Math Prep** (DOWNLOAD)

anyone know if the math portion of the AT-SAT deals with both KPH & MPH or just one or the other? thanks.

I just want to point out, whenever you see KPH it is NOT Kilometers! It is KNOTS per hour, which is the same as nautical miles per hour, or MPH. They are used interchangeably. That really threw me off at first until I figured out what they were really asking.

anyone know if the math portion of the AT-SAT deals with both KPH & MPH or just one or the other? thanks.

Doesn't matter. Just treat them as if they were ALL MPH or ALL KTS.

Just ignore MPH or KPH or KTS and use 60/hr and you're good.

I just want to point out, whenever you see KPH it is NOT Kilometers! It is KNOTS per hour, which is the same as nautical miles per hour, or MPH. They are used interchangeably. That really threw me off at first until I figured out what they were really asking.

excellent, thanks for pointing that out.

Does anyone have any advice on whether buying this book would be a good idea? I see in the table of contents that this PDF is just an excerpt. Does anyone have this book (either hardcopy or PDF)? If so, was it helpful? Any advice on this is greatly appreciated!

Does anyone have any advice on whether buying this book would be a good idea? I see in the table of contents that this PDF is just an excerpt. Does anyone have this book (either hardcopy or PDF)? If so, was it helpful? Any advice on this is greatly appreciated!
I glanced through the book, was mostly stuff I'd read before. But the CD was helpful in giving me an idea what to expect on the test. And I got a 100 so... Buy the book used, or find it at the library.

the PDF file that i posted on this thread is NOT from the ATC Career Prep book. it is from something else that i have. your right, the pdf is really 206 pages long, but the remainder of the file has nothing to do with the AT-SAT. i chose not to post it because i didnt want anyone wasting any time. get the green book. it is not 100% accurate by any means, but it will definately give you an idea of whats going to be on the test, and will mentally prepare you for it. and when you get to the test and realize is MUCH easier then what you have been practicing then you will do fine.

Question regarding division problems on the actual AT-SAT... are we going to be bombarded with numbers that aren't "easy" 60mph multiples when calculating distance problems on the actual test, or is it pretty similar to this prep?

For example... none of the following, right?

"N52AR is traveling at 416.283 MPH. After 17.265 minutes, what distance is traveled, down to the nearest foot?"

:panic:

Question regarding division problems on the actual AT-SAT... are we going to be bombarded with numbers that aren't "easy" 60mph multiples when calculating distance problems on the actual test, or is it pretty similar to this prep?

For example... none of the following, right?

"N52AR is traveling at 416.283 MPH. After 17.265 minutes, what distance is traveled, down to the nearest foot?"

:panic:

I'm sorry, but you're crazy :)

No decimals... Just practice this stuff and (according to people who already took it) you'll be fine

That's what I expected, but craziness never hurts. I always love fishing for examples of "trick questions," etc.

(I need to find one of those "The more you know" sigs).... :whatever:

Ok, so this download is incredibly helpful. However, it appears to only be helpful in answering the questions included with the download itself. It doesnt appear to very helpful in solving the CDROM greenbook equations.
I had been going over this for a while, then decided I would head back to the CDrom math portion and was completely thrown off because the questions are very dissimilar.
The mph-mpm conversion is virtually unusable on the cdrom questions.
The Cdrom questions are not variations of 60, 120, 360 and 480 mph. The all include fractions of an hour and odd numbers.
Which variation should I expect and prepare for more on the ATSAT?

On the AT-SAT exam will the math portion have questions asking you to calculate climb and descent rate???

The questions are word problems along the lines of this:

It is 1510, an aircraft is at an altitude of 2500 feet and climbing at a rate of 1250 feet per minute, at what time will the aircraft reach 7500 feet.

If you can answer that you will probably do fine on the math portion of the test.

I don't even recall the climb rates being as difficult as 1,250 feet per minute, more like 1,000 or 1,500 at the most complex. If memory serves there is only one trick question so don't obsess about it curve balls or overly complex questions. If you can multiply by 60 in your head up to say 60X10 and simple addition you know, 3rd grade stuff you're good to go. Granted this was a while back.... and one girl did spend half an hour crying in the hallway after the math portion...

ive been emailing people the AT-SAT Math Prep that i used before i took the test and it helped me get every math question right. im starting this thread because i figured out how to attatch the file to it so everyone can use it.

post a reply if it helps, or you have other questions....

Thanks a bunch for this, I will be downloading soon

ive been emailing people the AT-SAT Math Prep that i used before i took the test and it helped me get every math question right. im starting this thread because i figured out how to attatch the file to it so everyone can use it.

post a reply if it helps, or you have other questions....

Back