Ask for discounted rate at your AT-SAT Location

Chris Barnes

Just called Wyndham resort, where my AT-SAT test is being held, in Peachtree City, GA and asked if there was a discounted rate for people coming in to take the test. The lady said Robinson Aviation had a block reserved at a discounted rate. From $99 to $77. :rawk:

Wonder if they've done that for all their locations. Is Robinson Aviation conducting ALL the tests?

Just called Wyndham resort, where my AT-SAT test is being held, in Peachtree City, GA and asked if there was a discounted rate for people coming in to take the test. The lady said Robinson Aviation had a block reserved at a discounted rate. From $99 to $77. :rawk:

Wonder if they've done that for all their locations. Is Robinson Aviation conducting ALL the tests?

I got a discounted rate for my upcoming stay in Holtsville, NY.

Just a word of advice. The ATL Tracon is out in the middle of NOWHERE! Get there early or scope it out the night before. There are a bunch of factories out there and they all look the same from the road. I bet you will drive right past at least once...

Just a word of advice. The ATL Tracon is out in the middle of NOWHERE! Get there early or scope it out the night before. There are a bunch of factories out there and they all look the same from the road. I bet you will drive right past at least once...

What do you mean out in the middle of nowhere? Cant you see the signs from the road? It says, "Welcome to CJ's house" in bright "Las Vegas" style neon lights. I've heard they have a pool and hot tub and a game room to relax in.

Along the lines of discounted hotels, I tested in Lisle Illinois and was able to get a room at the Hyatt on the McDonalds Corporate campus via naming my own price on Priceline for $40/night. It was only about 20 (a little longer in traffic) minutes down the road in Oakbrook, but the little extra traffic in the morning was worth it for a college student like me on a budget. It was a really nice place, too.

If you've never used the website www.biddingfortravel.com , you can use it to pretty much research and narrow down the possibilities for where you can stay. For example, if you bid on a 3 star hotel in Lisle itself, you'll find that the Wyndam is actually one of only 4 possibilities you could actually get. Researching on that website is a great way to save a dime.

Just thought I'd share a little insight onto how I decreased my cost quite a bit.

There was no dicounted rate when I took mine at the Wyndham. I'm jealous b/c I called and asked. But that was in April.

What do you mean out in the middle of nowhere? Cant you see the signs from the road? It says, "Welcome to CJ's house" in bright "Las Vegas" style neon lights We opted to change that a few months ago, we were getting complaints about bright lights from the neighbors :panic:. I've heard they have a pool and hot tub and a game room to relax in Lol, Maybe at our actual house.

I didn't realize the middle of Peachtree City was the middle of no where and I just don't see how people would miss the sign that says Atlanta Large TRACON, the guard shack, or the giant glass building.

hehe. Now to see if I can get a tour of the Tracon since I'll be in town for the weekend...

ATLTRACON... You around?

So, I asked about this discounted rate both when I made my reservations, and when I got to the hotel.
They laughed at me both times. They said no such thing exists. :banghead:

Back