ASIG DeIcers

we are actually looking for deicers at EWR also. Let me know if you're interested and I can personally take you in to talk to human resources. I currently work there on the GSE side.

Diego,

I live only 15 minutes away from EWR in Staten Island. I fly out of Morristown for my flight training. I have experience deicing heavy aircraft in the military. I am familiar with the deicing fluids, holdover times, and am experienced in the bucket and driving. I am interested in applying. Thank you very much. I also sent you a PM. Thanks again.

To bad you guys can't come out west. I miss deicing airplanes especially after freezing rain from the previous night..

I have de-iced aircraft in the past. It is really not hard at all. All that you need is a few hours of training.

Don't go to school to be a pilot that will save tons of money on loans and you can still de-ice planes..........awesome. I agree de-icing is probably better than flight instructing. I should go de-ice......wow thanks for this post. I'm leaving my horrible piloting job to be a de-icer.....my mom would be proud.:rawk::bandit::banghead:

Actually if you're in a truck with an enclosed bucket it's pretty cool. Open bucket trucks suck.

Enclosed buckets are for sissy. Nothing beats breathing seeing steam coming out of your mouth and the smell of glycol all over your clothes.

De-icing sounds like a horrible job.....why would anyone want to do that??

If somebody can't find a flying job because every single flight school seems to be on a hiring freeze at the moment, (not that I'm bitter or anything.) this is a good opportunity to make some decent money while being around airplanes, and in the spring when flight schools start hiring again, ASIG will no longer need de-icers so you're free to go.

I sent in an application, I'm hoping to get a call back.

and the fact that it probably pays more than a first year FO at a regional might not be bad either.

We pay in the neighborhood of 20 to 23 an hr. while you're deicing. I replied to all your PMs, whoever else is interested, send me a PM

I always liked how my hands always were smoking. I always got a kick about how my hands were always on fire like that movie with Nicolas Cage.

Back