ASA pilots

mxflyer

I'm glad to be with a company that values people and their jobs. It seems like they're doing everything they can to not furlough but I wonder how long they can keep it up. I guess I'm a little discouraged to find that (at best) I'll be on reserve indefinately. I guess I should count my blessings that I have a job. With that said I'm wondering if I should move my family to ATL or hang tight to see what the future holds. I really hate commuting but would hate moving across the country to be told "thank you for your professionalism and dedication." now find a new job. To move or not to move that is the question.

Brad Holt brought over the Skywest philosophy that furloughing a pilot is just not right. They are trying their very best not to furlough. Latest rumblings I heard around the A-tech was ASA is 300 pilots overstaffed. A massive cost savings initiative is underway at ASA.

With that said I would hang tight where ever you live being moving your family. This merger stuff has everyone at every DCI regional sitting on pins and needles, except Mesaba:D

This merger stuff has everyone at every DCI regional sitting on pins and needles, except Mesaba:D

Richard Anderson maybe the Delta CEO but still works for NW and their best interests. You're exactly right; I'd even throw Compass and Pinnacle in the same boat. It seems like performance, cost, customer service only matters if your not one of those three.

Spread the wealth

Richard Anderson maybe the Delta CEO but still works for NW and their best interests. You're exactly right; I'd even throw Compass and Pinnacle in the same boat. It seems like performance, cost, customer service only matters if your not one of those three.

But one of the three has concerns of mainline furloughs that will flow back, and another has concerns of a huuuge fleet of 50 seaters, and the other has concerns of how long a prop half the size of the Q will last.

Well then.

Looks like everyone has concerns. :p

Re: Spread the wealth

I think sometimes I feel like Seggy.

All those Colgan threads got to him, and all the ASA threads are getting to me.

Nevertheless, I would not recommend moving your family just yet.

I think sometimes I feel like Seggy.

All those Colgan threads got to him, and all the ASA threads are getting to me.

Nevertheless, I would not recommend moving your family just yet.

Maybe I'm not paying attention, but this is the only ASA thread I've seen in a while.

Maybe I'm not paying attention, but this is the only ASA thread I've seen in a while.

Though not labeled, the PBS thread is. ;)

Anyhow, I'd hold on the family, although it's gotta suck right now. My thought is if they were gonna cut we'd be getting furlough letters about now (or near future), if that is in the works. If we don't hear by January, we're probably good until the merger goes through.

Word on the street is if we were to furlough we had to do it at the beginning of fall to have any cost savings. Furloughing in January would actually cost the company money, not save it.

I wouldn't throw Pinnacle in there. Compass and Mesaba are going to be the New Delta's babies because of their cost structure due to junior pilot groups. Although SmoothlanderJ tells me Mesaba is not so junior as everybody thinks. Apparently almost every Captain on the 900 is a lifer.

At ASA you need 7 year sen. to hold a Capt 200 line and 8 or 9 yr sen on the 700.

BTW it is cold as hell in ATL. What was it 34 this morning? We're right around the corner from snow, and yall know what that's gunna do to Hartsfield...

Yeah, we're not feeling too safe over to Pinnacle. Word over here is if you're not a wholly owned, then you're not safe. Even then, if you're Comair, you might not be safe.

We've got some of the best performance numbers in the industry right now, and we're not safe. Go figure. Although, trust me. If there wasn't a merger and potential loss of all our jobs hanging over our heads, I doubt those performance numbers would be that high in contract negotiations. I've had ONE flight go out late in two months, and it was a whopping minute late. Every flight I've either been on or operated has made it in the gate within 14 minutes of the scheduled arrival time, which is all the DOT really cares about when they say "on time." Not sure of the numbers on the Delta side of things, but I've heard they've gotten a LOT better.

Re:

Perhaps I'd rather not have company discussions in the public realm. There are private forums for us established, and I'm not talking about the association's forum(s), as those are just as public.

We're having the same discussions about PBS and furlough potential in a private forum on another website, one where only verified company employees can take part in.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to persuade anyone to think the same way I do. Just that I'd personally rather not discuss our companies issues in the public realm.

Re:

Perhaps I'd rather not have company discussions in the public realm. There are private forums for us established, and I'm not talking about the association's forum(s), as those are just as public.

We're having the same discussions about PBS and furlough potential in a private forum on another website, one where only verified company employees can take part in.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to persuade anyone to think the same way I do. Just that I'd personally rather not discuss our companies issues in the public realm.

Then don't :p

Re:

I know. . .I don't nearly as much as some. Which is cool, like I said, just stating my personal opinion. If that's okay and all?

Re:

Completely disagree. Nothing wrong with having a public discussion on our company. It is not like we're management and have top secret information. No one needs to go on another forum and pay to have a private discussion about ASA:D

Re:

So, you'd just rather discuss every other companies issues in the public realm! Gotcha!

Re:

Oh puh-leaze. I dare not even talk about specifics of another company in the public realm. Nice try though. ;)

Come on now...the only reason you may not have an opinion or "statement of facts" about said company is if no one has informed you of these "said facts". Everyone on here is a professional know-it-all on every other airline.

Re:

I can't say I agree with you MM. To each his/her own though. I will though say that clearly you are free to make what ever assessment of JC member's posting habits, no matter if they differ from my assessments.

I try not to tell my neighbor when to cut his grass, I just hope that when he sees me cutting my grass he thinks "Hey, maybe I should cut my grass so I don't look like a hillbilly."

;)

Re:

I try not to tell my neighbor when to cut his grass, I just hope that when he sees me cutting my grass he thinks "Hey, maybe I should cut my grass so I don't look like a hillbilly."

;)

Or if you live on PTC a city ordinance takes care of that...friggin stupid.

Word on the street is if we were to furlough we had to do it at the beginning of fall to have any cost savings. Furloughing in January would actually cost the company money, not save it.

I wouldn't throw Pinnacle in there. Compass and Mesaba are going to be the New Delta's babies because of their cost structure due to junior pilot groups. Although SmoothlanderJ tells me Mesaba is not so junior as everybody thinks. Apparently almost every Captain on the 900 is a lifer.

At ASA you need 7 year sen. to hold a Capt 200 line and 8 or 9 yr sen on the 700.

BTW it is cold as hell in ATL. What was it 34 this morning? We're right around the corner from snow, and yall know what that's gunna do to Hartsfield...

Hey who called me?! .....Ah yes that is indeed true. Over here at Mesaba about 80% of the guys I fly with on the 900 are lifers. A few of them say that they would leave if the opportunity came along, but they are mostly lifers. Most of the SAAB captains are the junior younger guys. So hey who knows what may happen, I'm just thankful that I have a job. I know ASA either has PBS or might get it as we might get it as well. Its just taking a long time for us because they are making sure that it fits the need of the contract. Well, thats what a union rep told me.

Back