Arrived at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7

Last edited:
Dude... really?? That's from the NYTs! Soooooo Obviously FAKE news...;)

WWII NEVER happened!! My Facebook feed told me so! And Facebook is like the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Son of God!!!!

So there, you heathen ignoramus! Every FB subscriber knows... the greatest generation were the mobbed-up NY real estate moguls of the 1980s. Maybe you need a refresher course.
You need a qualude.
You’re a reincarnation of @jynxyjoe, but he’s still alive, so I don’t know what the technical term would properly be.

Dude... really?? That's from the NYTs! Soooooo Obviously FAKE news...;)

WWII NEVER happened!! My Facebook feed told me so! And Facebook is like the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Son of God!!!!

So there, you heathen ignoramus! Every FB subscriber knows... the greatest generation were the mobbed-up NY real estate moguls of the 1980s. Maybe you need a refresher course.
Your schtick works once in a while but christ almighty it's tiring. It's like @jynxyjoe posts, soooo many words to say so little. Brevity is the art of writing well.

Your schtick works once in a while but christ almighty it's tiring. It's like @jynxyjoe posts, soooo many words to say so little. Brevity is the art of writing well.
You're Canadian! ...

... (See how I left out the Eh!? you know, eh? to keep it short and brief?!? I'm tryin', aina-hey!:) )

The Eh would be vastly, entirely, totally, completely, terribly, utterly, and ubiquitously TOOOOOOOO WORDY!) Like a hoser Northern Mexican, Eh? (damn, just couldn't help myself. God, I suck... ugh)

You're Canadian! ...

... (See how I left out the Eh!? you know, eh? to keep it short and brief?!? I'm tryin', aina-hey!:) )

The Eh would be vastly, entirely, totally, completely, terribly, utterly, and ubiquitously TOOOOOOOO WORDY!) Eh? (damn, just couldn't help myself, god I suck... ugh)
You've got a lot of good points and interesting perspectives, they just get lost in the delivery. Speak plainly and you'll get a lot more people to listen. I get that you enjoy this kind of abstract and expansive style of writing but very few people are going to waste their time wading through your message to finally dig out the point.

You've got a lot of good points and interesting perspectives, they just get lost in the delivery. Speak plainly and you'll get a lot more people to listen. I get that you enjoy this kind of abstract and expansive style of writing but very few people are going to waste their time wading through your message to finally dig out the point.
I can not be held responsible for the deficits of the various and sundry American education systems. Language is language. Facts are facts. Act accordingly. Or... at the very least, tell me specifically what was overly prolix in my delivery. (???!!!???) I'll do my dam'dest to fix the glitch, eh.

Explicate the glitch, and I'll try to fix.

I've got gloves that don't fit*, eh!

And I never quit, hey!

*My Thesis Advisor is quoted on the WikiP page describing "Free Verse".

You need a qualude.
You’re a reincarnation of @jynxyjoe, but he’s still alive, so I don’t know what the technical term would properly be.
Maybe, in this case, you all are the odd monkey out.

apes.jpg

Sooo, prove your point. Break this down. How - precisely - was I overly prolix in that post.

Present me with the words that were in excess of the point I was making. ... Precisely.

I understand when people don't like what I have to say... that makes perfect sense.

I understand when people don't understand particular vocabulary - that makes perfect sense. (The happy news for morons these days is they can readily Google heard-vocab with no going-to-the-dictionary effort required).

What I don't understand is the surfeit here. Please explicate with specificity.

Sooo, prove your point. Break this down. How - precisely - was I overly prolix in that post.

Present me with the words that were in excess of the point I was making. ... Precisely.

I understand when people don't like what I have to say... that makes perfect sense.

I understand when people don't understand particular vocabulary - that makes perfect sense. (The happy news for morons these days is they can readily Google words with no going-to-the-dictionary effort required).

What I don't understand is the surfeit here. Please explicate with specificity.

"I'm sorry, could you please explain what I was unclear about, preferably with a reference or two"

"I'm sorry, could you please explain what I was unclear about, preferably with a reference or two"
That's a cheap cop out. You are avoiding YOUR OWN point. You claimed me to be overly verbose. I'm asking you, authentically and honestly, to show me the words in excess of explanation.

And remember, just because a word is unusual and not commonly understood does not necessary render that word surfeit.

Back