Army / Air Nat Guard pilot jobs

Fixtur

Dunning-Kruger Expert
I've been forwarded a few postings for pilot jobs in the air national guard And army national guard (Rhode Island), but it was unclear to me if the positions are available to civilians. Anyone here have any insight?

Thanks,

Fix

I've been forwarded a few postings for pilot jobs in the air national guard And army national guard (Rhode Island), but it was unclear to me if the positions are available to civilians. Anyone here have any insight?

Thanks,

Fix

Speaking for Army National Guard pilot jobs, generally no, they are not available to civilians. Every pilot job I’ve ever seen have been Title 32 Technician jobs which require National Guard membership or AGR jobs. If there are title 5 (civilian) pilot jobs out there, I haven’t seen them. That said, there may be opportunities as a contractor or DA Civilian out there.

Thanks,

Fix

For the Air National Guard in some instances, yes - if it is an announcement with wording for a UPT candidate or pilot selection board for a commission. It looks like RIANG is taking applications for civillian applicants based on a quick search.

As Mike said, generally the Army Guard will not hire off the street for WOFT. Last I researched and discussed with Army Guard friends was you need to be enlisted with the unit then selected for WOFT. Some may want you to enlist with intent of getting you ready to apply as soon as your done tech school (or whatever the Army calls it) but thats leap of faith with no guarantee.

For the Air National Guard in some instances, yes - if it is an announcement with wording for a UPT candidate or pilot selection board for a commission. It looks like RIANG is taking applications for civillian applicants based on a quick search.

As Mike said, generally the Army Guard will not hire off the street for WOFT. Last I researched and discussed with Army Guard friends was you need to be enlisted with the unit then selected for WOFT. Some may want you to enlist with intent of getting you ready to apply as soon as your done tech school (or whatever the Army calls it) but thats leap of faith with no guarantee.

Oh, we’ll take civilians and send them to flight school and commission them, but that’s not a “job.” You get orders for a year of so of school and that’s it.

Oh, we’ll take civilians and send them to flight school and commission them, but that’s not a “job.” You get orders for a year of so of school and that’s it.

I never knew that - maybe its unit to unit? I recall talking to a Army recruiter a long time ago about a Reserve commission (not WOFT off the street). Do you guys do WOFT hires directly?

But yes the distinction of an actual job, to OP, is more or less TFOT, UPT, FTU, then seasoning, then traditional status for the ANG side. Its more or less 2 years of orders. After that its dependent on the unit for ART or AGR (full time gigs). Deployments, orders, schools, and any combination can keep you paid. Depending on what happens in October it might be anyones guess to how you get paid and how often. There are a lot of guys/gals on paid leave returning from the airlines already.

Thanks for the input guys.

Im not enlisting, and they wouldn't have me even if I did (I'm too old).

I'll keep my eyes peeled for civilian only jobs landing in my inbox.

Anyone hearing about any opportunities in RI/CT/MA you let me know! 1,200TT, 500 turbine, CJ and Be-400 types.

Anyone hearing about any opportunities in RI/CT/MA you let me know!

Wait, you’re leaving the People’s Republic? The land of Ambrosia and Progress? Being drug away screaming, I have no doubt.

Lyon Aviation is in Western Massaholessetts, used to work them. You’ll work hard but they’re good people and the checks arrive on time and with the correct number of zeroes.

Still love CA, will end up back here at some point, but exploring options presently.

Thanks for the input guys.

Im not enlisting, and they wouldn't have me even if I did (I'm too old).

I'll keep my eyes peeled for civilian only jobs landing in my inbox.

Anyone hearing about any opportunities in RI/CT/MA you let me know! 1,200TT, 500 turbine, CJ and Be-400 types.

I’m in that area. If you’re interested in becoming an Army Pilot (depending on your age) let me know.

<—- this WO is retiring soon but has had his airline dreams crushed. I’m begrudgingly coming to the realization that working MTP contracts may be my only option that’ll pay decent.

Back