Approx. 150 Furloughs @ Mesa

CamYZ125

Just got the official memo.

Company is offering a Voluntary Leave of Absence program, for a period of one year.

Most senior furloughed will be an approx. 01/2008 hire.

Sorry to hear guys. It's a shame that the BOD has allowed JO to run this company into the ground. I'm thinking about taking the leave of absence. Go travel the world, go back and do some instructing. Kind of miss teaching, never thought I would say that. Unless something positve happens for this company I think were on our way out of the so called regional world. To all those getting furloughed good luck and keep your head held high something better on the horizon for ya'all

Sorry to all those involved.

When they say 150 furloughs, is that after taking into account those who take the leave of absence, or in addition?

Looks like I will be hanging out in the pool for a while. Fortunately I am starting to warm to flight instructing.

I'm a
mechanic for MAG at KIAD. Found out about it last night. REally sad too .
I asked a CA about it in the morning. And not only are there furloughs. But downgrades as well. I wish them all the best.

I'm a
mechanic for MAG at KIAD. Found out about it last night. REally sad too .
I asked a CA about it in the morning. And not only are there furloughs. But downgrades as well. I wish them all the best.
Welcome to JC! :hiya:How long have you been a mech for MAG? I'm glad to see they kicked Bombardier to the curb in IAD.

Welcome to JC! :hiya:How long have you been a mech for MAG? I'm glad to see they kicked Bombardier to the curb in IAD.

Only 2 months.

I started on July 21, 2008 (MY indoc date). But I started working at Dulles on July 29, 2008 on night shift. I am on buyback status (meaning I cannot sign anything on the logbooks). Hopefully I will be out of that in 6 months.

Having said that I wish them pilots all the best.

Sorry to all those involved.

When they say 150 furloughs, is that after taking into account those who take the leave of absence, or in addition?

Looks like I will be hanging out in the pool for a while. Fortunately I am starting to warm to flight instructing.
150 before COLAs. Each COLA will reduce furloughs by 1. A surprising number of people are looking into the COLAs -- keep flight benefits for 3 months but most important since they code you as 'voluntary leave in leui of a furlough of a junior employee' you're allowed to get unemployment benefits while on the COLA. Mesa says they won't contest any unemployment claims by the voluntary leave/furlough guys.

Back