Apple Watch recording activity while flying?

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I noticed that even in airplane mode the Apple Watch is innacurately recording activity while flying. Anybody have any workarounds?

Mine erroneously gives me stand credit, although I do try to go for a wiggle once every 60 min.

I think the amount of gesticulating that I do while talking at the controls is probably responsible for that.

I’ve noticed turbulence seems to increase the amount of activity recorded. I resorted to taking my watch off and putting it in my bag while in flight. That stopped activity accrual. Don’t know if there’s another work around.

Taking it off in flight is a good idea I guess. At least for the long flights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havne’t really noticed that. Maybe it’s all that activity with that steering wheel or whatever you guys call that big ox device, I think it’s a “yoke”? :)

<—— Eurosnob

I havne’t really noticed that. Maybe it’s all that activity with that steering wheel or whatever you guys call that big ox device, I think it’s a “yoke”? :)

<—— Eurosnob
I’m sure it’s playing with SOMETHING that racks up the activity, I’m just not sure it’s the yoke.

I wear my smart watch the right wrist. Other than the excited thrust movements during taxi, it's pretty dormant.

It's not an Apple Watch, so it doesn't tell me what to do.

Back