Apple TV -

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
This may seem like an odd question,

2000LXS, Collins HD cabin entertainment package etc, a few HDMI ports around the airplane. Looking to put an Apple TV in the plane so the boss can stream from his phone/pad/laptop easily- has anybody done this? And, is there a preferred version of the Apple TV unit?

This may seem like an odd question,

2000LXS, Collins HD cabin entertainment package etc, a few HDMI ports around the airplane. Looking to put an Apple TV in the plane so the boss can stream from his phone/pad/laptop easily- has anybody done this? And, is there a preferred version of the Apple TV unit?
I've seen Apple TV units in airplanes before, none were permanently installed although the provisions to connect and power them were. HDMI cable to the CMS and a 110V outlet, the units themselves must've been considered carry-on equipment because they were not mounted on anything. I always thought it was a bit shady. I'd ask a reputable avionics shop their opinion.

I've seen Apple TV units in airplanes before, none were permanently installed although the provisions to connect and power them were. HDMI cable to the CMS and a 110V outlet, the units themselves must've been considered carry-on equipment because they were not mounted on anything. I always thought it was a bit shady. I'd ask a reputable avionics shop their opinion.

There’s no permanent install. We can stream stuff via the app, but they have to use the router/network that the satellite data is on… and that’s stupid expensive if it hits while still domestic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest that making the principle aware of how to use it would be prudent. It'll stream just fine from an iOS device, it will use Bluetooth and shouldn't ding you on the sat internet. But you need to set it up correctly and again, talk to a reputable avionics shop.

We had Apple TVs in all our Falcon 900s. It was a plug and play deal. I would imagine it was the new Apple TV. I never really messed with it.

Back