Aparrently the emotional support monkey is real according to this ASRS

A1TAPE

I guess living the dream part 3 does have some truth to it.

Ive heard of the emotional support turkey and duck but whats the most surprising emotional support animal you have seen?

Heres the report.

Narrative: 1

During boarding I was not informed that we had an emotional support animal. During the flight I realized there was a crate under a passenger seat. I then asked the C flight attendant if she was aware about the animal. Her answer was "no". I then took a look at the paperwork that was given to me and I realized there was a code "ESAN" which we figured out meant emotional support animal. We were not aware of what kind of animal but since it was listed we figured the proper procedures had been reviewed prior to boarding. Which is normal protocol for any animal that board our aircraft. When we landed in Mexico City and going through customs we then realized it was a monkey in the crate. The C flights attendant asked the owner if monkeys were allowed in Mexico to which the owner responded yes. That she has traveled with the monkey before and it's never been a problem. The following morning we arrived at our gate for our departure and we see the family at the gate. They had been detained in Mexico because of the monkey. After arriving we had some ground time. Before our next flight we were notified that our arriving aircraft had been quarantined because of the monkey. As you can see this was a huge inconvenience not only for the family but for us as crew and the airline. The lack of communication and knowledge has caused major problems and I this situation should have never happened. Either this airport needs more training or they need to put agents that have the knowledge regarding international laws.

More communication from ground operations. I know we were running late and the rush to board the flight was their first priority but communication and knowledge regarding international laws should be a top priority as well.

Narrative: 2

[Report narrative contained no additional information.]

Synopsis

Air carrier flight attendants, with a Mexico City destination, reported an emotional service monkey on board the aircraft which caused the plane to be quarantined.

You know, I'm all for charity and supporting the poor and disabled, but I think I've decided that when you buy a seat, you buy a seat. Period. As crew, I don't like FUBAR. As a Pax, cattle, jungle animals and sea creatures as seat mates just aren't my cup of tea. Domesticated pets - if that ambiguous term were defined - ? Maybe. But they still need their own damned ticket.
I've always been about easy, practical cut offs. Here's my proposed rule of thumb for airline seat occupants. If it can't drink a martini on its own, it doesn't belong in the freaking cabin.

If it can't drink a martini on its own, it doesn't belong in the freaking cabin
552369f53bee389ef2f2cc0d858ec883.jpg

The emotional support turkey wasn’t real. It was some production assistants for a radio show attempting to see what was the most outrageous animal they could get on board an airplane under the guise of “emotional support” before the BS flag was thrown. Not long after that, Delta issued internal guidance on what is and is not allowed onboard.

The emotional support turkey wasn’t real. It was some production assistants for a radio show attempting to see what was the most outrageous animal they could get on board an airplane under the guise of “emotional support” before the BS flag was thrown. Not long after that, Delta issued internal guidance on what is and is not allowed onboard.
Hey, that reminds me... a few years ago someone on this board was trying to put a horse in an airplane, no? Anyone know the outcome?

Back