AOPA PPS, who has it, do you think its worth it?

Inverted

mmmmmm wine
Got one of the usual AOPA mass emails today regarding pilot protective services. Usually I disregard these but as I read it specifically talked about medical certificate issues and how it helps with that. That made me think that it might be helpful to have just in case. At 100 bucks a month it ain't cheap but if its actually useful then it might be justifiable.

Wow, the price has really gone up. I haven't participated in the legal services program in four years or so, but I never remember the price being more then $100 for the entire year!

Crap sorry hahha I meant 100 a year. I didn't mean 100 a month. There is a basic plan for 39 a year, and premium 100.

I've had the legal services plan (ATP) level since I left 121 and lost ALPA's legal protection. Knock on wood, never had to use it.

Read something the other day about them adding medical to my legal plan. (shrug)

I have had the former legal/medical plan for years. Never hope to Press-to-test, but an additional (if you have coverage from a union advocate) advocate employed by YOU is a pretty good deal, IMHO.

Or, as the sign my grandfather had, "It's no time to plan to drain the swamp when you're up to your ass in alligators."

I have it and have used it. I had a medical issue that would normally require a deferral but AOPA medical team worked with my AME and the FAA to get all the required paperwork together and got my medical issued on the spot

I have had the former legal/medical plan for years. Never hope to Press-to-test, but an additional (if you have coverage from a union advocate) advocate employed by YOU is a pretty good deal, IMHO.

Or, as the sign my grandfather had, "It's no time to plan to drain the swamp when you're up to your ass in alligators."
The union will only go so far. The legal services team at AOPA is highly, highly responsive and are a joy to work with.

I have it and have used it. I had a medical issue that would normally require a deferral but AOPA medical team worked with my AME and the FAA to get all the required paperwork together and got my medical issued on the spot

See this is why I want it. Not that I'm expecting any issues but just in case.

Back