AOPA Asks the Canidates

While a good idea, that was fantastically uninformative. What I got out of it: McCain desperately wants NextGen and his wife has a PPL; Obama has a largely uninterested staffer handling his aviation questions.

The write up ALPA did as far as candidates interest in commercial aviation was a bit more informative. McCain's responses were from 2000, but not much has probably changed about his views since then. I (regrettably) don't have a link for it though.

Wait, McCain actually answered questions? But when ALPA asked him to answer a questionnaire this year, his campaign said that "Senator McCain has a policy of not answering questionnaires from special interest groups." Another lie, Senator McCain? I guess you only answer questions when your answers won't cost you votes. :rolleyes:

Wait, McCain actually answered questions? But when ALPA asked him to answer a questionnaire this year, his campaign said that "Senator McCain has a policy of not answering questionnaires from special interest groups." Another lie, Senator McCain? I guess you only answer questions when your answers won't cost you votes. :rolleyes:

Partial truth.

He answered question. . .the ones from the 2000 Campaign. He, didn't respond to the 2008 questionnaire.

Im sure if it had an article about him hot-dogging it and putting his craft into power lines he might have responded.

I saw a custom paint E170 in EWR the other day. Call sign was 'Tyson xxxx.'
Painted on the side: McCain * Palin.

Anyone know who uses the 'Tyson' call sign?

That's the call sign that the secret service has assigned to both candidates' aircraft. Obama's 757 uses the same callsign. The Palin 170 is chartered from JetBlue.

Thanks! Although, it didn't look anywhere near the size of a 190. Oh well, guess the conga line in EWR distorted my vision. :eek:

Also, they had requested a priority departure slot. It was DENIED. LOL......they sat on the opposite side of the runway #1 for at least an hour. We actually departed before them, so I don't know how long after that, they waited. ;)

McCain's responses were from 2000...

And they were *really* scary responses. Something to the effect of "I support relaxation of cabotage laws because foreign competition can only be good for the industry!". Which of course I totally agree with, especially if the competition comes from Air Kyrgyzstan or China Southeast.

Im sure if it had an article about him hot-dogging it and putting his craft into power lines he might have responded.

Ouch!

Also, they had requested a priority departure slot. It was DENIED. LOL......they sat on the opposite side of the runway #1 for at least an hour.

Ouch x2!

Thanks! Although, it didn't look anywhere near the size of a 190. Oh well, guess the conga line in EWR distorted my vision. :eek:

Also, they had requested a priority departure slot. It was DENIED. LOL......they sat on the opposite side of the runway #1 for at least an hour. We actually departed before them, so I don't know how long after that, they waited. ;)

NATCA controllers. . .pwning Palin.

PWNT!1

God bless NATCA. :)

And they were *really* scary responses. Something to the effect of "I support relaxation of cabotage laws because foreign competition can only be good for the industry!". Which of course I totally agree with, especially if the competition comes from Air Kyrgyzstan or China Southeast.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's a link to McCain's scary answers to ALPA's questionnaire in 2000: http://airlinepilotsforobama.info/ALPA-Questionnaire-McCain.pdf

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's a link to McCain's scary answers to ALPA's questionnaire in 2000: http://airlinepilotsforobama.info/ALPA-Questionnaire-McCain.pdf

Thanks! I wasn't all that far off, either:

John McCain said:
I believe that the U.S. policy on cabotage should be relaxed. Foreign airlines could provide much needed competition on domestic airline routes, which would result in lower fares for the benefit of consumers.

Of course, that's that's only if they let us do it too...

Of course, the ability of foreign airlines to serve domestic
U.S. routes should be contingent on the reciprocity of the home countries of the foreign airlines.

Now American will finally be able to compete with LAN Chile in the ever-so-profitable Santiago-Punta Arenas market! Sounds like an even trade for LAX-JFK to me.

Not to mention that McCain has never once demanded reciprocity from any trade agreement. Just take a look at the debate this week when he shrugged off trade imbalances as if they mean nothing. This is what is killing American jobs.

Along with him saying CBA rights do not carry over to any other country.

Geez - so while that 36 hour layover in London my company can do whatever they want to me?

Thanks John!

Not to mention that McCain has never once demanded reciprocity from any trade agreement. Just take a look at the debate this week when he shrugged off trade imbalances as if they mean nothing. This is what is killing American jobs.

You know what would kill even more American jobs? A terrorist attack on American soil caused by a president with known terrorist ties.

You know what would kill even more American jobs? A terrorist attack on American soil caused by a president with known terrorist ties.

That is the most ignorant rubbish I've ever seen posted on this site. I've never once put anyone on my ignore list, but I'm thinking about it for you after that post. :rolleyes:

Wow! Then it's a good thing there's no candidates that have terrorist ties! That would be very worrisome if it was true!

(But yeah, it's not ;) )

Back