For Sale AnywhereMap ATC with XM Weather

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Slightly used AnywhereMap XTC with WxWorks XM weather unit.

I bought this unit two years ago and used it some.

With this purchase, you get the following:

• AnywhereMap ATC GPS - can also be used as a car GPS. Has current software load and subscription for software updates for a year.
  • WxWorks XM Weather receiver. It joins to the ATC via Bluetooth, so you can tuck it under the seat or on the floor.
  • XM antenna for WxWorks unit
  • 12VDC power supply to drive both units from the plane's aux power.
  • HP USB charger and cable for software loads and charging
  • Bracket for mounting
  • Yoke clamp (accepts bracket)
  • Suction cup mount (also accepts bracket)
  • Stylus on a lanyard for data entry. (ATC also has one, but I was always able to type with my finger.
  • HP Software (sealed) for the unit
  • Manuals
  • Carrying bag for all this neat stuff
The ATC is a great little unit. The HSI-like display combined with the customization of what you see on the screen is really nice. Displays all your common GPS information as well as airspace and obstacles. Just touch an obstacle and the AGL/MSL information is displayed. It's like a detailed moving sectional, almost.

Has flight planninng features which you can preload with aircraft data to make planning easy. Can calculate based on the forecast winds aloft (using XM) or you can manually enter them. You can specify altitudes you want to cross certain waypoints at, and the ATC will advise you on current rate of ascent/descent if you are on "target" for that.

It has some added cool features such as "find cheap fuel", and some co-pilot functions which remind you to do certain tasks like descents, switching fuel tanks, check landing gear, fuel pump, etc.

Also displays "cones of safety" - essentially, it draws a circle around any airport near you which is in gliding distance. These do not compensate for winds, though, so use some common sense.

With the XM turned on (and you can fly without it - the ATC is perfectly happy) you also get METAR information, airport information, and winds aloft (which is really handy) displayed right on screen with a direction arrow and velocity.

Finally, while on the ground, the ATC will display a taxi diagram for you to make ground navigation at busy airports a little easier.

Customer service from Control Vision has always been stellar. Not only are their forums good, but they are responsive with help and any issues and have continually refined the product from Day 1. I would not hesitate to buy anything else from them based on my experience.

I am asking $725 - which includes insured ground shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

PM me if interested.

Back