Anywhere willing to pay for CFI?

mattp1803

Moderators this may be in the wrong area, and if it is I apologize so feel free to move it if you need.

I know in this current economy/pilot market there are probably no schools out there willing to sponsor/pay for a CFI ticket. I remember back when the regionals were hiring like crazy, there were a couple schools willing to pay for your CFI, back when the CFI's were flocking towards the regionals.

My question is, is there anyone out there still willing to do this? I think I'm willing to go just about anywhere, for the opportunity. Thanks!

There might still be a few schools out there that will pay for your CFII or MEI if you come in with a CFI. Pan Am Flight Academy in Arizona comes to mind.

There might still be a few schools out there that will pay for your CFII or MEI if you come in with a CFI. Pan Am Flight Academy in Arizona comes to mind.

Nope you have to have your CFII and MEI before they will hire you. Plus they are changing their names.

Yeah that would be awesome! I would definitely get my CFI if they would eventually pay for your CFII or MEI. The weather in Arizona sounds pretty attractive right now as well haha.

Moderators this may be in the wrong area, and if it is I apologize so feel free to move it if you need.

I know in this current economy/pilot market there are probably no schools out there willing to sponsor/pay for a CFI ticket. I remember back when the regionals were hiring like crazy, there were a couple schools willing to pay for your CFI, back when the CFI's were flocking towards the regionals.

My question is, is there anyone out there still willing to do this? I think I'm willing to go just about anywhere, for the opportunity. Thanks!

Is a CFI ticket really that expensive? A lot of self study and then how much dual? Surely a bank will loan you a few K if you tell them it will give you an qualification and means to repay afterwards (just gotta make the sales pitch).
I'm sure when places offered it there were all sorts of restrictive extras.....1 year contract, have to get CFI-I & ME with us etc etc. In other words, who's really paying?!!!

Is a CFI ticket really that expensive? A lot of self study and then how much dual? Surely a bank will loan you a few K if you tell them it will give you an qualification and means to repay afterwards (just gotta make the sales pitch).
I'm sure when places offered it there were all sorts of restrictive extras.....1 year contract, have to get CFI-I & ME with us etc etc. In other words, who's really paying?!!!

Yeah, that's a good point. I was just looking to see if a school would be willing to pay for it, versus myself. But you may have a point, when it comes down to the fine print of a contract.

There are a lot of people out there that have their CFI and CFII or all three. So it not worth the flight school time and expense to pay for all three license, when they can hire a fresh CFI, CFII, and MEI right away.

There are a lot of people out there that have their CFI and CFII or all three. So it not worth the flight school time and expense to pay for all three license, when they can hire a fresh CFI, CFII, and MEI right away.

Yeah I thought that most schools probably did away with paying for the CFI, especially in today's market. And you are right, there are plenty CFI, CFII, and MEI's out there right now. Oh well, thought it would be worth a try! :D

I don't blame you I had the chance to last year, but I got a job as a CFI. Then a couple of months ago I tried to find someone to pay for my CFII and MEI and no one wants to pay for it. Oh well.

You never, never know. I once knew a guy that had a student pay for his ME rating AND MEI just so that he could give her dual in her twin.

No commitment whatsoever.

Flight Safety still has programs to pay for CFII and MEI. However we're not currently hiring. I expect we will be hiring again shortly however.

Check into Daniel Webster, if you went in with your CFI they'd train you for the CFI-G, CFI-I, and MEI if I remember correctly.

There was in the past, if you were willing to take a pay reduction or sign an one year commitment.
I don't know what happened to my post...I posted, went back to edit, all that was left was a fragment of that one sentence.

What I said basically agreed with you. But I added that there may be a training contract in addition to an employment contract, both pro rated.

Whatcha' gonna' do if you had a conflict with their CFIs or mgmt? Whatcha' gonna' do when they have mx issues? You decide to leave because it aint working out and you would have those contracts hanging over your head.

As always, the best course is to pay as you go from your own pocket. You have total control that way although the time schedule may be increased. Still, it beats being indebted to another person.

I don't know what happened to my post...I posted, went back to edit, all that was left was a fragment of that one sentence.

What I said basically agreed with you. But I added that there may be a training contract in addition to an employment contract, both pro rated.

Whatcha' gonna' do if you had a conflict with their CFIs or mgmt? Whatcha' gonna' do when they have mx issues? You decide to leave because it aint working out and you would have those contracts hanging over your head.

As always, the best course is to pay as you go from your own pocket. You have total control that way although the time schedule may be increased. Still, it beats being indebted to another person.

Yeah, after putting a little thought into it, I completely agree with everything you just said.

Back