anyone know any decent jobs in town?

TXaviator

alright well im looking for a different job, need to net at least 1000/mo just to barely keep bills and food covered, and needs to be able to work with a school/flying schedule.

any ideas???

i looked at 2nd shift at cirrus but i dunno, class til 3 then work 330-11 makes for some long days with not much time to sleep study or fly....

ive got extensive graphic design experience if anyone has anything along those lines....

Wilkerson Dining Services

I want to vomit after about half an hour in that place.:drool:

I know someone who used to work for the Housing department at UND doing marketing where she was a graphic designer there. She just graduated so there might be an opening...if you want to work on campus.

Yeah i was a bus driver at Dietrichs or however you spell it. Paid way better than instructing ever would have. If you choose to pick up driving party/drunk buses you might even get to meet a few nice and not so nice soristitutes! I made usually about $10 an hour one night on a hockey game night made like $80+ hr all depends on tips

Wilkerson Dining Services

big LOL. on campus jobs are mostly the 5$/hr variety.

ill check into the graphics thing, though last time i looked around campus they were all the 5 dollar variety too (i worked for the dakota student for a time and the pay was a JOKE for the quantity/quality of work i did)

bus thing... its a possibility, my buddy owns the clubexpress partybusses...though i work for him in other capacities from time to time already (graphics etc)

im heading over to fedex at 7am here in a bit actually... might have something goin on there.

im heading over to fedex at 7am here in a bit actually... might have something goin on there.

Fedex ground or the Fedex at the airport?

My buddy works for Fedex ground, I know they have at least one spot open for the evening shift.

UPS is also hiring but it says they pay $8.50-$9.50 per hour. You take home $110-$150 each week. Might be a little less then what you are looking for.

hey when i was going to school up there i worked at hood packaging in 2003 and was making about $10/ hour and they were willing to work around my classes and flying but i am not sure if they are hiring right now.

Fedex ground or the Fedex at the airport?

My buddy works for Fedex ground, I know they have at least one spot open for the evening shift.

fedex ground, went in for an orientation/application deal today. looks WAAAAY easier than my old job at UPS. told them i was very interested and talked for a bit, they said they should have someone hired by middle of next week and would probably call people back tommorrow.

UPS is also hiring but it says they pay $8.50-$9.50 per hour. You take home $110-$150 each week. Might be a little less then what you are looking for.

yeah thats not something i could live off of. and i cant be hired as hourly work at UPS anymore anyway because i used to be management. (has to do with unionized vs non unionized workers and their contract)

TXaviator,

Did Fedex tell you how many hours they would be able to give you? My roommate only works like 25 hours a week with them.

TXaviator,

Did Fedex tell you how many hours they would be able to give you? My roommate only works like 25 hours a week with them.

yep. i am aware of what the sched/hours would be. 7am-noon M-F.

this works with my school sched.

I worked 5.45 an hour at the Service center. After hours 12am-6am pay a bit more.

-You can work at UND aerospace giving tours to incomming students.

-You can ask the UND dining center if you can be a food taster/tester subject.

-CFI??

-Or be Grand Forks Certified IP II IMI IP

yeah thats not something i could live off of. and i cant be hired as hourly work at UPS anymore anyway because i used to be management. (has to do with unionized vs non unionized workers and their contract)

i was taking home roughly 370/2 weeks when i worked there. not the best, but the bennies are great!

There is nothing in Grand Forks.

That's why I kept my job I had for many years in San Diego while I was in Grand Forks... thank god for my employer letting me telecommute from home in GFK. Earning San Diego wages in GFK saved me from getting into big student loan debt.

Back