Anyone in the southern california area want to do a JC Fly-In?

mrivc211

I'm sitting here bored off my assss killing time when I should be working on my final. Anyways, does anyone want to do a JC Fly-in somewhere in the socal region? I would be willing to go as far south as San Diego as far north as Santa Barabara and as far east as Las Vegas. I think it would be pretty cool if we all met up at a place and hung out and talked. Anyone up for it?

I figure over 2000 members, if 1% turn out thats still 20 people. not bad?

mrivc211

lets start naming suggestions, How about Catalina?

Or something closer.......French Valley? FV because its not to crowded and we wouldnt have to pay an arm and a leg parking and stuff. And theres a restuarant on the field.

E_Dawg

Not Catalina because not everyone's checked out there

F70 (French Valley) sounds good! Santa Paula would also be a fun place to meet up.

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
If ya'll wanted to come east to Laughlin (S/SE of Vegas) or Palm Springs I might manage to fly in ... (Got a Museum at PSP, too)

Which reminds me I gotta get the PHX folks together again ...

aloft

I'll be back west (and hopefully, recurrent) in a few weeks if ya'll can wait; Borrego Springs supposedly has a great Sunday breakfast.

av8sean

I've also heard Borrego Springs has a good Sunday brunch. Also, Aqua Dulche (about 15 miles northeast of Van Nuys) is supposed to have good bar-b-que on the weekends, $1.99 avgas -- and it almost always has clear skies for the VFR pilots.

-Sean

mrivc211

I'd go to Palm Springs but its always bumpier than helll, and they charge to park! Let's set a date then place.

I suggest the first weekend of July! Anyone second that date?

mrivc211

daaaaaaaaaaamnnnnn(as Chris Tucker would put it in Friday!) what kinda crack you smokin.....four thousand eight hundred forty something posts.

Josh

I'll be watching this one.

Need to do my long solo CC for commercial, so if it works out at a good time (I usually fly during the week), I was thinking of heading down that way anyhow. Not that I really know anyone here, but at least somewhere to head to by myself.

LAX is only like 240NM from WVI, so anything a little further south would be cool.

Josh

aloft

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I really know anyone here, but at least somewhere to head to by myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that you really know anyone here? Exqueeze me? I've even ridden in your Jeep!

The weekend of July 12th or July 19th look good for me, I vote for the 20th. In fact, let's create a poll:

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://jetcareers.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1055535562aloft">

JetCareers SoCal Fly-in Dates
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />weekend of July 5/6
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />weekend of July 12/13
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />weekend of July 19/20
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />weekend of July 26/27<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

jdflight

I have a weekend in Big Bear scheduled already for the 19th/20th. I'll be taking either the Archer or 172, so if it's there and then, I'm in. Otherwise, I can't afford the plane.

Josh

Sorry about that Matt. Though you were back east for a bit?

I'm not wanting to vote, as any of them are ok for me. Depending if I can get a plane for the weekend (usually go on weekdays since no one else seems to want to rent planes then
) as the weekend flyers usually schedule 2 or 3 weeks in advance a least.

Would be kinda fun though, reason for me to take a slow little plane, a long ways, by myself, and then come right back.

Josh

aloft

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about that Matt. Though you were back east for a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, contract ended yesterday, I'm goin' back to Cali...to Cali...to Cali in a week or so after some sightseeing.

And it seems to me you've got your 2-3 weeks notice to book a plane!