Anyone here work for AA?

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
What the hell is wrong with your airline? Seriously - how is it that only one out of my last 10 legs with you has gotten me to my destination within two hours of the time listed on the ticket? And how is it that there are a ton of otherwise sound aircraft sitting in the desert going unused, while your planes break down at a rate not seen since they were building cars in former Yugoslavia? Buy new ####!

I'm sick and tired of showing up to the airport and seeing that the only delayed flights are those from AA, of which all are delayed. In all seriousness, does anyone have any perspective on what's going on internally at AA? Right now I really wish they'd go belly up so competitors would pick up more of their routes. No offense to those employed by them, but enough is enough.

BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

Ha - unfortunately the problem right now is my 18 year old sister. She's sitting on an AA flight at DFW that's been delayed nearly three hours. Pressurization problem, plus the back half of the plane is getting no a/c. She said there's a family sitting in front of her that's been stuck in Dallas since 2pm yesterday because of a cancellation due to a maintenance issue.

I tell you - AA has completely reversed my opinion on a Passenger Bill of Rights and on re-regulating the industry.

I had to check my browser, I thought for a split second I'd clicked on anet!

:D

Man, no offense to you - but I have to think that your fellow employees must hate this more than anyone - how can you have pride in a company that delivers such horrible service? Must be awful working there these days.

Pride in AA?

They tossed me to the street not once but twice. In one year. My recall rights have expired, and the company has absolutely refused to even consider extensions. So I no longer have any affiliation in any way there. :)

I can not speak for AA now, I can only speak of the great times I had then. :)

I am very sorry that you and your family have had such frustrating travel experiences with them. I hope they get where they're going soon.

That is strange. I flew last week on AA from Moscow Russia-Chicago-Los Angeles. Not only were all flights ontime but the service was even above average. Granted I was in uniform but the FA's seemed very nice to everyone. I enjoyed it so much I bought another ticket on them for September, Moscow Russia-Chicago-Philly this time though. I hope they wont let me down as my return from Philly only gives me an hour connection in Chicago. :) Good luck to your sister. Sorry that she is having some tough times with AA.

Pride in AA?

They tossed me to the street not once but twice. In one year. My recall rights have expired, and the company has absolutely refused to even consider extensions. So I no longer have any affiliation in any way there. :)

I can not speak for AA now, I can only speak of the great times I had then. :)

I am very sorry that you and your family have had such frustrating travel experiences with them. I hope they get where they're going soon.

You know, it's just kinda sad - I do a lot of work in brand equity now, and I think back to when I was a kid growing up near DFW - AA pilots were gods to me, and the AA brand just invoked so much respect. It's sad to see the path their leadership has taken them. Everyone is suffering, I know, but fuel prices shouldn't affect your ability to coordinate flights.

I'm one of those travelers who typically puts up with a lot - I understand that things sometimes happen, and I would never be caught raising my voice to airline personnel. But it's a sad state when your company books you on a certain airline and you get depressed at the thought of flying them (or not flying them as the case often turns out).

I swear the next time I get stuck at DFW, I'm going to pull out my running shoes/shorts and run a marathon through the terminals.

I believe the last "newhires" went through AA training sometime in the summer of 2001. I remember flying with several newhires on the F-100 in ORD that summer.

However, with the furloughs, I do not know what the hire date of the most junior currently flying AA pilot is.

To my knowledge we do not have any mainline AA pilots on JC. I could be wrong.......

I believe the last "newhires" went through AA training sometime in the summer of 2001. I remember flying with several newhires on the F-100 in ORD that summer.

However, with the furloughs, I do not know what the hire date of the most junior currently flying AA pilot is.

To my knowledge we do not have any mainline AA pilots on JC. I could be wrong.......

Oh, thanks! This most likely means that AA will not start hiring again until most likely 2012, this is just my prediction anyway...:confused:

That is strange. I flew last week on AA from Moscow Russia-Chicago-Los Angeles. Not only were all flights ontime but the service was even above average. Granted I was in uniform but the FA's seemed very nice to everyone. I enjoyed it so much I bought another ticket on them for September, Moscow Russia-Chicago-Philly this time though. I hope they wont let me down as my return from Philly only gives me an hour connection in Chicago. :) Good luck to your sister. Sorry that she is having some tough times with AA.
Well were you in Business class? Because domestic carriers are downright horrible in coach when traveling overseas (compared to BA, emirates, etc). I flew in March on AA business from Rio to San Paulo, to Miamii. I will say that the crew from Rio to San Paulo had to be the best I ever flew with.

Well were you in Business class? Because domestic carriers are downright horrible in coach when traveling overseas (compared to BA, emirates, etc). I flew in March on AA business from Rio to San Paulo, to Miamii. I will say that the crew from Rio to San Paulo had to be the best I ever flew with.

I was in Business from Moscow to Chicago in a 777 and economy from Chicago to Los Angeles on an MD80. The business class was quite nice, even the food. They earned my business for a second time in September. :)

I was in Business from Moscow to Chicago in a 777 and economy from Chicago to Los Angeles on an MD80. The business class was quite nice, even the food. They earned my business for a second time in September. :)
IMHO, you would think far differently if you were in coach. When I was in the Navy, we would have to fly out to Bahrain from SEA, and it was coach the whole way, AA to Heathrow, and then BA to Bahrain. BA coach was amazing. Also our first a/c delivery to Rio, the company booked us coach out of Rio on Suthernjets, which was the worst trip I ever experienced. But our last trip out of Rio on AA was fantastic. Side note is that AA business lets you rebook without a change fee which when you are delivering 30 year old airplanes works out pretty good.

not all employees are proud of the company....my old man wont even tell people he works for AA

I've been away and just got stateside today and read this thread and was a bit miffed.... not too miffed just a wee bit.
To many Tulsa may be a foreign country but seriously look around you and you'll find so much of the maintenance work being done in Latin America by other carriers.
I have a lot of confidence in the work being performed by our maintenance people, but I am sorry to hear of your troubles.
BTW, I'm a mainline guy, on the 757

I've been away and just got stateside today and read this thread and was a bit miffed.... not too miffed just a wee bit.
To many Tulsa may be a foreign country but seriously look around you and you'll find so much of the maintenance work being done in Latin America by other carriers.
I have a lot of confidence in the work being performed by our maintenance people, but I am sorry to hear of your troubles.
BTW, I'm a mainline guy, on the 757

Well, greetings to a fellow AAer :)

I was a Eagle company transfer to AA (F/A), furloughed now expired.

Welcome :) :hiya:

Back