Anyone here know about the credit check???

Wyopoke79

I was wondering if anyone here Knows the story on credit...
I have an ex-wife that ran up some bills over the years on my credit... I should have been more responsible but I refused to pay because I was stubburn.

Anyways..I am in the process of clearing these debts up and will have them taken care of before the next PEPC.

What happens? I saw something about waivers...Has this happend to someone? :panic: I would think I would be ok if I dont owe any debts right...

You should be fine. I have heard that as long as you can prove you are taking care of your debts and and/or already paid them you should be fine. Just be prepared to show documentation.

FYI...this is what I was informed because I have a ch 13 bk (where you pay it back).

I was cleared of Chp. 7 bankruptcy in March, and recieved a FOL in June. I had to sign a form and statement indicating what happened. You should be fine. They just dont want to see alot of current outstanding debt/collections

When the lady brought over my SF86 printout I had put on their about a debt that I had already taken care of and had removed from my credit report but I brought all the documentation to attach... she got to that part and said, "Oh we already ran your credit and there's nothing on it so we don't need any documentation."

free.jpg

When the lady brought over my SF86 printout I had put on their about a debt that I had already taken care of and had removed from my credit report but I brought all the documentation to attach... she got to that part and said, "Oh we already ran your credit and there's nothing on it so we don't need any documentation."

Whoa, she ran the credit report at the PEPC? didn't realize that...

Haha! I just got ahold of the collections company for the main bill i thought I owed...and the lady said that I paid it in full in August of 06.....
I told her to fax me a letter stating that and mail me one as well....

Pheeeeeeew!:nana2: a load off of my shoulders....:rawk:

so they run credit report before you go to pepc? can anyone verify that because that is truly my only concern with this process. i know one person said that they didnt have to do security because they have a tsa clearance which i have also (although its a SIDA clearance) but i had to still fill out my paperwork?

Just to verify...you can have a good bit of debt right, so long as you are paying? I mean I have my fair share of credit cards, but I haven't ever missed a payment. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Just to verify...you can have a good bit of debt right, so long as you are paying? I mean I have my fair share of credit cards, but I haven't ever missed a payment. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Oh...thats fine.... I was talking about a bill that went unpaid..neglected...only to find out i paid it and my credit report was wrong...errrrrr.....

so they run credit report before you go to pepc? can anyone verify that because that is truly my only concern with this process. i know one person said that they didnt have to do security because they have a tsa clearance which i have also (although its a SIDA clearance) but i had to still fill out my paperwork?

I assume they run it before because it would be a little hectic for them to be running credit reports for every person the day of. It would make more sense for them to run it prior and have everything set up when the candidates arrive.

As far as the "tsa clearance" I suspect your friend gave you some bad information. TSA employees have a modified SSBI done but it is not done at the same scope required by other agencies, so it may not be enough. I can't say with 100% certainty but I would bet that a SIDA clearance isn’t enough (I have one as well, and I'm not counting on anything). The FAA isn't going to take anyone else’s word - unless of course there is a recent favorably adjudicated SSBI on file with OPM.

All I can verify was the lady came and sat down next to me and said "Oh, we already ran your credit, it was clean, you don't need to attach anything."

I think they actually run the credit at the PEPC. It only takes a few minutes and they have to have your signed release to pull your credit...by law.

Back