Anyone have info on Pensacola?

atcsqwurl

I was curious if anyone knew anything about the Pensacola ATCers. Like is the tower contracted, and what is the Tracon? From what I can find out the tower is contracted (not confirmed) but they do have a level 9 Tracon. I am looking to put it down in my geo pref but am looking to find out some more info. Pubnat 3 - 88% on AT-SAT Thanks :D

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I just glanced at the website and didn't see an email addy. I'm going to sit down and read it when I have time. :drool:

hey man, i was a military controller in pensacola and we worked alot with Pensacola Approach. Most of the traffic is military traffic in and out of Whiting and NAS Pensacola. Other than that it is fairly slow. The only reason it is a level 9 is because of the military traffic. Area wise, PCola is actually really nice, very beach oriented. Weather is nice, hot as hell though and you gotta worry about the hurricanes! I would recommend PCola if you like living in the South.

If you need to know anything about the area let me know...I was stationed there for six months while going the ATC school in the Marines way back in the day. The navy also has their ATC program training there. It's a nice play, specially nice if you are single! Panama City isn't too far away either, great place for spring break.

Oooh yeah I was stationed @ NASP with my USMC FSSG training group. Beautiful location, beautiful jets (yeah.. the blue angels are kinda based there) and BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL women @ Panama. OMFG :drool:.

Sweet, I'm excited about getting in touch with someone over there so I can get a tour. Thanks for all the info. :nana2:

Back