Anyone get STL tower, St Louis, MO

nav-vet

just wondering if anyone on this site is joining me. I went to PEPC today and Im soo excited... Can't wait to meet my co-workers

yes i am going there, and we should be best buds!

(im really not, just wanted to post a silly answer in a silly thread)

That's where I WANT to be, but I'm PUBNAT4, and I'm still waiting on my geographical preferences e-mail... hopefully you didn't take the last spot. :)

I have a list of people from here and whos going where at home.....I will check and get back to you when I get home this afternoon.....

I looked for you and didn't see anyone who got anything in Missouri....you are the first.....

Hey I am at STL tower now. I am an OTS finished the academy at the end of August and have checked out through the D2 step already. I can honestly say you are coming to a great working environment (for now, our current ATM is leaving which might change things some). There are a lot of FPL's and they are all willing to help you out and teach you whatever they can. Traffic is way down so there is time to learn but that kind of sucks because we will be moving lower than a 9 guaranteed (that is when they lift the moratorium on doing so). I moved here from Atlanta and boy am I glad I didn't get that the wash out rate is high something like 98% and they don't have any time to train at all. You will get trained at STL and have plenty of time on position. Good luck at the academy see you soon.

Hey, if the plane is smaller than a breadbox and doesn't have a big airline name on the back, see if you can't land it on 12L/30R. Hugs, Boris.

Hey I am at STL tower now. I am an OTS finished the academy at the end of August and have checked out through the D2 step already. I can honestly say you are coming to a great working environment (for now, our current ATM is leaving which might change things some). There are a lot of FPL's and they are all willing to help you out and teach you whatever they can. Traffic is way down so there is time to learn but that kind of sucks because we will be moving lower than a 9 guaranteed (that is when they lift the moratorium on doing so). I moved here from Atlanta and boy am I glad I didn't get that the wash out rate is high something like 98% and they don't have any time to train at all. You will get trained at STL and have plenty of time on position. Good luck at the academy see you soon.

Welcome to St. Louis. I live here now but am headed to DC after the academy . I know the manager of your airport. Good guy if you ever get to know him. He actually used to be a controller. If you have any questions about the city let me know. I know the city can seem kinda wierd to someone who is not from here.

I lived in St Louis for a while. I loved it there. You are definitely going to a good place. Go to City Museum!

Yeah, City Museum is fun, haven't been there in a while. I live just down the road in soulard. Lots of bars and good resurants.

I was actually talking to the Support Manager for St. Louise TRACON, (I know that has nothing to do with STL other than hands off and stuff) but he said it is an awesome "mid" traffic tower to get FPL (CPC) in.

Anyone have a name and number for the ATM at Lambert? I'll be up there for Thanksgiving and Christmas with my wife's family and would love to tour the facility. I don't think his leaving would help my situation in trying to get my name in there, but I would at least like to see the place, especially after reading they were one of the first towers to get the newer FAA equipment.

I went to tour the facility before the geo preferences came out, and it seemed like a great environment. The manager was really helpful.... I really feel like I wouldnt have been selected for this facility had it not been for our meeting. He did say he was leaving in December I believe, but everyone else working there seemed nice and helpful . atcwannabe I believe they mentioned you when I was on my tour of the facility they said the trainee was not in that day. Jermscentral I definitely think you should set up a tour date while your here it helped me alot.

PM me and anybody that wants a tour I can get you in.

Nav-vet are you saying our ATM knew he was leaving in December way back in August? That would be very interesting information.

The NATCA Rep at my facility (STL) wanted me to check and see how many people on this forum are coming to St Louis because they are trying to send out welcome packets to everyone coming. You can PM and I will get you in contact with them. Thanks

James?

I've still got a month before panels, and that selection is only pending that Missouri is one of those for which people are being selected. Hopefully I'll make it!

Back