Anyone get an ASES at Traverse City?

jskibo

Done
I'm looking to schedule my Seaplane Rating with Tom in the fall. Just wondering if anyone has done it up there? How was it?

I have not but I want to. I did my CMEL with him and it was a great experience. I would recommend him to anyone. You'll have an awesome time up there.

Excellent! I'm in GRR so short drive. Let the family come along for the weekend as well. That PA12 looks like fun!

My roommate did his SES at NMC in TVC. Same price I think, but I've heard good things about Tom.

My roommate did his SES at NMC in TVC. Same price I think, but I've heard good things about Tom.

Never heard of NMC. The only other SES rating place up there I know of is the college in their amphib supercub. Nowhere near the same price though

That's even better. I won't need a hotel then, I can just drive home.

Eh there is usually another student there with you either doing SES or MEL rating. So you will fly like 7am then again at 2pm etc. He will just keep going back and forth between the two of you.

Never heard of NMC. The only other SES rating place up there I know of is the college in their amphib supercub. Nowhere near the same price though

NMC would be the college, Northwestern Michigan College. It's about $1200 vs $895...

So Tom sent me the checklist and the FAA .pdf book. Any other good gouges needed? Or just read that and memorize the checklist?

I was considering the ride ready iPad program from dauntless

So Tom sent me the checklist and the FAA .pdf book. Any other good gouges needed? Or just read that and memorize the checklist?

I was considering the ride ready iPad program from dauntless
just read the FAA book on float planes. The checkride is really laid back. Mine was less then 2 hours total. And that was mostly flying

Any of you guys know if he will do a Commercial MEL initial or does he just do the add-ons? I know it doesn't say on his website. Just curious.

Rotor2Wing said:
Any of you guys know if he will do a Commercial MEL initial or does he just do the add-ons? I know it doesn't say on his website. Just curious.

I did mine as an initial with him.

Back