Anyone from Tucson/ Phx

sschlesinger

If your from Tucson or Phx this is a non published checkmark with a distinctive name. Any guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 319
Oh yeeeaaaaah, now that sdfcvoh posted the pic, I do recall a local instructor pointing out the "green giant" to me on a check flight but I don't remember where it is. :p

Maaan, it's been too long since I've flown (almost a year). $$$ is tight........

i remember a controller pointing that bad boy out to me once. always brought an immature smile to my face.

the Jollie Green... between RYN and TUS. I hate when pilots report over that thing because they are usually nowhere near it when they do, haha.

the Jollie Green... between RYN and TUS. I hate when pilots report over that thing because they are usually nowhere near it when they do, haha.

I always report atleast 2 nm away from the jgg, I think people report it so early so they can be cleared into class c. Atleast thats why I report a few miles from the jolly green. If you work Atc at tucson you'll here me this afternoon since ill be going to ryan for t&g's but don't be mad when I come back to tus and report 2 miles from jgg.

also no one has mentioned the worlds largest swimming pool. somewhat near the giant but the thing looks like a huge pool.

Here is a picture of some water south of KRYN not sure if its the pool your talking about. Second pic is KRYN. Third pic is Old Tucson Studios notice how many cars are there not the tourist destination that it once use to be. Sorry about the randomness of photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 65
im sorry i dont have a picture. it is just north of the mines. if you were to go direct from the arvey int to the almon int it is to the right. it is on the west side of a small hill.

im sorry i dont have a picture. it is just north of the mines. if you were to go direct from the arvey int to the almon int it is to the right. it is on the west side of a small hill.

??

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 74
Back