Anybody else just interview with Republic?

izanti

I'm trying to find out if anybody elses experiences were as odd and a waste of time like mine.

Now is it for the Republic side (Republic, Shuttle America or Chatauqua) or the Frontier side?

I have heard the Republic side are "a bit different" - takes about 30-40 min total. Not sure on the Frontier side but from what I can figure they are more the normal type.

Ya it seems like everyone who interviewed a few years ago had a great experience according to all the interview gouges on aviationinterviews.com but I guess they really do things differently now. Im just a little aggravated I spent almost 20 hours traveling just for a 15 minute interview that 90% of the questions I was asked could have easily been asked over the phone! I never even had a phone interview they just called me 8 hours after I sent in my application and bought me a ticket then got me a limo to headquarters. What also really confuses me is all the contact I had with HR prior to arriving they stated that I would be doing a background, drug and fingerprint check while I was there. All the gouges from a few years ago everyone says they give a tour of the facility and meet some other dispatchers and had a great time. I was seriously there for 15 minutes and I don't think I did horrible on the interview but it definitely seemed like HR didnt want anything to do with me as soon as I sat down so why even spend the money flying me out there and wasting everyone's time. The whole experience was quite unprofessional in my opinion. I just want to know if other people had this kind of experience as well cause I am really confused and disturbed by this.

My series of interviews at Republic were quite extensive and professional back in September. I got the job. I'm not quite sure with whom you may have met or for which operating certificate, but a new dispatcher was just hired on the Republic side.

My series of interviews at Republic were quite extensive and professional back in September. I got the job. I'm not quite sure with whom you may have met or for which operating certificate, but a new dispatcher was just hired on the Republic side.

I interviewed in Janurary. I did travel from Dallas. Long day. I took the dispatcher test which was easy. I interviewed with two people for a total of 20 minutes, and they informed me that I would be put into a hiring pool for Frontier. Fast forward two months, I got a call from them offering me the job, but I had allready gotten the job with Ameriflight in DFW, so I politely declined at the time.

I have been trying to get an interview for 2 years with Republic. No matter how many times I apply, I always get the "No Thank you" email back from them. Never had an opportunity to interview with them...I really hope I get the opportunity to do so.

Don't waste your time. Honestly I was excited to get a call but I should have known it was to good to be true when they called me less than 8 hours after sending in my app and then sending me the thanks but no thanks letter before I even left their parking lot after the interview. Talk about a kick in the dick lol.

I should have listened to my friends who fly and flew for them. They all say HR is a total mess and they don't care about their people period. I would suggest looking elseware because the way I was treated makes me never want to work for that company or suggest anyone else apply to work for them.

Best of luck in the job search. :beer:

I was interviewed for dispatch two years ago... A normal interview experience I would say. they called me the next day and offered me a job. The pay wasn't enough, so I declined,,, they pretty much hung up on me! Pretty rude if you ask me.

I also interviewed for a first officer position. The woman interviewing me was pre-occupied with the fact that I had twenty years of turbine jet experience as an A&P. Questions like: How would you handle a technical knowlege conflict with a Captain? Too much time was spent on that subject. I guess my answers weren't adequate because they didn't offer me a job.

I interviewed with two other airlines and they loved my maint background (both offered employment).

I would say that Republic is a bit ecentric.

Back