Any Veterans or VRA'S,not former controllers

nav-vet

I was under the impression I would get the 33,100 at the academy since I am a veteran who separated within the last 3 years and therefore qualify for VRA, even on ASAP it says I qualify for VRA. but my HR person is telling me since I applied under a general public announcement I only get the 17,046 plus locality . Is that right, there is no way I could have applied to a VRA announcement since I was not a former controller

If you applied under PUBNAT, then yes, you only get the $17k. You HAVE to apply as VRA to get the VRA pay. CTI and VRA's that apply under PUBNAT have to take basics from what I hear.

As far as being a controller, I'm pretty sure you have to be. I have 4 people that are former military in my class, none with previous ATC (except me), and I'm the only VRA.

If you applied under PUBNAT, then yes, you only get the $17k. You HAVE to apply as VRA to get the VRA pay. CTI and VRA's that apply under PUBNAT have to take basics from what I hear.

As far as being a controller, I'm pretty sure you have to be. I have 4 people that are former military in my class, none with previous ATC (except me), and I'm the only VRA.

Must be VRA to get the 33.1k (that kind of rhymes...) And you must be a former to controller to be VRA.

Must be VRA to get the 33.1k (that kind of rhymes...) And you must be a former to controller to be VRA.

Yep. Did some research on it.

The good news is we collect the GI bill while at OKC, but depending on your location, we can't collect it til getting to our facility. Luckily, that's 4 months of GI Bill for me I get to collect all at once. $3960 in one check. :nana2:

Yep. Did some research on it.

The good news is we collect the GI bill while at OKC, but depending on your location, we can't collect it til getting to our facility. Luckily, that's 4 months of GI Bill for me I get to collect all at once. $3960 in one check. :nana2:
That I did know about :D You get 60% of the monthly rate I believe. And it has to be setup by your destination facility in advance. I'm going to go visit them and get it going before I go to OKC.

Same with me Nav-Vet I thought I was going to get the 33,100 as well. When I got my TOL it said 17,000.

Well, I guess the FAA has their own definition of what a VRA is, crazy, but Im glad I can use my GI bill

you can still prolly talk to ur HR rep and get that changed cause I thought thats what VRA was as well. I got the 33,100 but thats cause I had 2 CTO's

Back