Any one hear of "TAB Express"

YodelinPig

Any one hear of \"TAB Express\"

Just saw an add in Flight Training where they are saying that all training costs are refundable with a 4 year employment contract.

www.tabexpressairline.com

They are also saying that "Job Guaranteed" (not interview) after training. I am on a dial up cnx right now so if someone has info or can look it up that would be swell.

And yes, I subscribe to the "if it's too good to be true it probably is" school but it has me curious.

Thanks
YP

Re: Any one hear of \"TAB Express\"

i dunno, on the last page it says

" The Key Alternative Loan is now available to all First Officer Candidates who qualify. You can finance 100K+, spread the payments over 20 years at a low interest rate, and not have a payment due for up to 20 months--in one easy to manage loan from one source."

Thought u didnt have to pay?

[ QUOTE ]
Thought u didnt have to pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

TAB Express Airline announces, for a limited time; FULL REBATE OF TRAINING COSTS!

Co-pilots, with no experience or with ratings, who begin training in August or September of 2004 and sign a 4-year commitment to fly for TAB Express Airline, will receive repayment of the entire cost of training at the end of the four year period. The requirements to receive the full repayment at the end of the four years are:

Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Must pass the commercial checkride.
Must pass airline indoc and IOE.
Pass the Captain upgrade checkride.
Successfully complete the 4-year commitment.

[ QUOTE ]
TAB Express Airline announces, for a limited time; FULL REBATE OF TRAINING COSTS!

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard, there are so many loopholes in this, it's pretty much a no-go. Besides, I had to laugh everytime I drive by the billboard that said "No hiring First Officers! Financing Available!"

[ QUOTE ]
PFT. Big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. PFT bad.

"No, no, I didn't earn my job, I bought my job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

A student of mine said he met a guy at a party who said he went to TAB Express. My friend said he could not believe the story he was being told. It went something like........the guy paid 120K, then got like 40 of 100 hours turbine time bought, and then the story got worse from there.........I wouldn't touch them.

Yea, AOPA has an ad for TAB in Flight Training magazie, I'm not to thrilled by it.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I had to laugh everytime I drive by the billboard that said "No hiring First Officers! Financing Available!"

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty good!!
grin.gif
Funny as hell!!
cool.gif

There's a billboard that actually says that?

Good lord.

I don't know where to start.

(DE727UPS knows I'm probably about to blow a gasket)

I should spell check.
smile.gif

It actually says:

NoW hiring First Officers! Financing Available!

But, yeah. It actually says that.

This distresses me. I know a couple of fantastic instructors that work at Tab, but this is pretty bad.

Kind of hard having any pride walking thru the terminal in full view of people that are probably wondering how much my payments were to work for an airline.

"Why flight sim when you can do the real thing for only XXX (O.A.C.)"

I don't see those billboards on the way to DAB anymore. Though they have put up new ones for their airline service to FL destinations.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So tell me, in that 4years of working for free how are you going to live?

Back