Any good Gifts?

PhotoPilot

Anyone get any good stuff (or give any) yesterday?

I got a Palm Tungsten from my parents (cool little thing!) and an aquarium from my wife.

For flight gear, I got a new flight bag and an in-depth systems book from my parents and an AOPA membership from my in-laws.

Gifts or no gifts, it was a great Christmas. Now if only there was some snow in Fresno . . .
tongue.gif

-PhotoPilot

Oh yeah I got a hell of a lot of stuff. A new computer (flat screen moniter) with every thing that can come with it from Dell. I got the same thing at my mom's house a month ago that was considered an early christmas present, an Xbox a bunch of games for it, a 36" TV an hour in MTN's Katana and a handheld radio for my flightbag. My brother got a moterized scotter and my sister got a Palm Pilot. I got a bunch of clothes and stuff like that to. Over all it was pretty good. DE727UPS has a better list of what I got then I do
tongue.gif
(I already forgot about some of the stuff, I gave him a good list).

Jeez,
I wish that I had raked in that kind of loot, but my parents are busy helping me with college.I had a blast spending time with family I hadnt seen in a long time. I also got some new dvds, a camera, and a GIANT pez dispenser(Im addicted to candy). All in all it was a great two days...hope everyone had fun!
Sarah

Girlfriend surprised me with a picture of her and the girls that they secretly took!!! One pose posted here, and another beautiful black and white pose that she had enlarged and framed!! Awesome!!

Girls.jpg

Cute pic MTSU...

Well, Santa was pretty good this year (although being jewish I get most of my stuff the other way
laugh.gif
) Anyhoo... I don't really want to hijack this thread, but...

My parents gave me a subsciption to an aviation magazine of my choice. Bang for buck what do you all think is the most useful one for someone who currently has zero hours, but is going to be going up the ranks to CFI in the next two years (through ATP in Jax probably?) I want something that is going to have a good mix of both technical knowledge articals and some fluff/fun reading stuff. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the bad spelling grammer. I'm on my way out the door.

Ethan

I have to admit this was probally one of my best years of racking up stuff. Got a nice radio (XM Radio-Digital) for the truck, couple books, CD's, clothes, and best of all Flat Screen television (big @$$ TV) from my parents "celebrating" via my dads retirment check and payoffs. Also got fruit baskets from about 12 different employees (how original...).

[ QUOTE ]
My parents gave me a subsciption to an aviation magazine of my choice. Bang for buck what do you all think is the most useful one for someone who currently has zero hours, but is going to be going up the ranks to CFI in the next two years (through ATP in Jax probably?) I want something that is going to have a good mix of both technical knowledge articals and some fluff/fun reading stuff. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]AOPA's Flight Training.

Santa gave Doug a 51 minute run on the craps table in Las Vegas.

If I just knew what the hell I was doing, I could have joined in the cash fest!
smile.gif

Ah, the Craps Table, brings back some fond memories of my extended trip in Puerto Rico.

When it's good, it's GOOD, when it's bad, it's BAD!

I really enjoy AOPA's Flight Training, and I have a subscription to FLYING.

Lots of miniature airplanes to put up around the apartment, my traditional annual lego airplane, new Flight Bag from the in-laws along w/ some Jepp Nav/Weather logs n flight plans, clothes, towel sets for the apt, cooking stuff (more for the lady
grin.gif
)

All in all it was a good Christmas, saw family I don't get to see that much. That's what it's supposed to be about, right? -- I keep forgetting.

Really good Lightwave flashlight....Some Books, KLN 94 Users Guide..... (The damn thing doesn't make any sense. The folks at King need to go buy a Garmin 430 to find out a little something about user-friendliness!!!!)Good leather gloves, some tools, and I bought myself new tires for my car.

I'm doing a little remodelling at my condo, so my folks gave me something that I can use for a little help at the Home Depot. But my best present came when I started ripping up the carpet. Underneath the carpet is a gorgeous parquet floor. So instead of using that Home Depot card to buy some laminate, I'll be using it to buy some stripping and polishing materials. I'll probably have some money left over to do some tiling and painting!

Thank you, Santa!

Got a portable DVD player for traveling on the road, and Satellite Radio for my car and the house. Some other small things as well.

I racked in some recording gear for my guitar, little things for my guitars, DVD's (one of them being the new Warren Miller Storm movie, great great film for those of you snow sports enthusiasts, snowboarder and skier alike), clothes, flight computer. Good stuff.

Kostco

Lets see...my parents gave me a Canon Digital Video Camera along with a Seiko Kinetic watch. I also got a little bit of cash from other family members. Loved what I got especially since my birthday is coming up in Feb. so I might have to drop some hints by my parents.

Back