Any fellow Expat pilots in India on this board

LOGS

Well I've been in India now for just under a month flying a b200. Was wondering if there was anyone else on here flying in India?

=Jason-

I'm not in India, but certainly interested in hearing about your experiences. Where in India? How's it going? Stuff like that.....

Thanks!

Well I'm currently driving B200's at a pretty decent place. Make the same cash as captains in the majors here. I'm based in Chennai but was in New Delhi all last month for mainly ######## reasons. The company's home base is New Delhi, then they have a base in Mumbai, and Chennai. They own 3 B200's, 1 C90, 1 Hawker 800xp, 1, 1900. They're currently buying another 1900, Falcon, and I think another Hawker. Its a great deal, and looks to be a great place to get into PIC jet very quickly since Expats can only be PIC here in India. If you can withstand India's backasswards way in how they do things its a great opportunity.

=Jason-

What are the minimum times they are looking for right now? There are a lot of us that are unable to get out of CFI'ing into a decent job right now in the US and are looking international. What's about average for desirable in India?

Heh, I take it from your sig line that you used to be part of the OOTSK. I imagine they require some b200 time. They have any Mu-2s over there?

^^Yep, I was a SA227 driver before this and got out just in time. Seems like the company is about to crumble. This company wanted at least 250hrs in type and times mins at least ATP. Getting this job is basically word of mouth. My buddy got me in, his buddy got him in, and so on. Currently they're not looking but are suppose to be expanding soon.

=Jason-

What are the minimum times they are looking for right now? There are a lot of us that are unable to get out of CFI'ing into a decent job right now in the US and are looking international. What's about average for desirable in India?

Well to be an expat pilot here you have to be PIC so expect time in time and at least ATP mins. No MU-2's but plenty of King Airs, Hawkers, and the such. Trust me its a pain and if it wasn't for the pay I wouldn't be here but it pays way too well.

=Jason-

well it sounds like I'm out of luck for the time being, but if you hear of anything for 4200TT/1000TPIC (CFI, piston freight, mu-2 freight), no types, can get an ATP if necessary...let me know. Thanks, and enjoy the curry!

Just read somewhere Jet Airways just dismissed 200 expat pilots (some of them Captains). I guess they don't furlough by seniority!

Just read somewhere Jet Airways just dismissed 200 expat pilots (some of them Captains). I guess they don't furlough by seniority!

Yea just like everywhere else, the airlines here are taking hits. I think Jet Airways bout a month ago way trying to lay off like 800 employees but the government stepped in and basically told them if they did that they wouldn't beable to use their airport etc etc. So laying off the expats I assume is the only way they could cut jobs without getting it from the government. The coperate side is much better right now. My company prefers expat pilots and owns all of their fleet so I'm hoping to be better off. Whos knows anymore in this industry.

=Jason-

Logsdon dog! How are you man? Hope all is well with all the news going on, but I get word about you from Mikey dog so I heard you were ok. Come back to fly our King Air and lets go to Laha!

Logsdon dog! How are you man? Hope all is well with all the news going on, but I get word about you from Mikey dog so I heard you were ok. Come back to fly our King Air and lets go to Laha!

Hey hey Louie! Hows it going? Yea when I get back over state side might try castle out for a bit on the King Air. Still a party 24/7 over there?

=Jason-

Things are going ok I guess, and Sierra still has its 'party factions'. Not quite as wild as last year, in that I haven't seen anything break, but still wild. Are you intending to stay out there for a while??

Back