Any Current Students/Info at Prairie Air Service?

StayStill

Hello I am currently attending FSA in Vero (still pre-solo) and was wondering if anybody had some current info on Prairie Air Service? I am beginning to doubt my ability to finish my training here on budget and on time. I am also generally starting to doubt the high premium for the training here is really worth it and wondering if I made a mistake rather then going through the small FBO route. Relocating is not a problem for me and am willing go wherever my training might take me.

Going through the posts I have heard some good things about Prairie Air Service and would like to find out more information about it. I have already spoken to Herb over the phone and he seemed like a very straight forward guy and he sent me his updated pricing and information but I was wondering if I could hear anything from someone that has attended his program recently or has finished their ratings over there in Prairie Air. Thank you.

This is second hand information but I heard his program was really good from another student in the CFI academy I was in.

It was one of the schools I was considering. It is a great school apparently and the guy is a great teacher!

Thanks for those that responded. I spoke to Herb on the phone and he seemed like a nice guy. I was hoping if anybody knows more that was currently attending or got there ratings at Prairie. I may plan a visit there just to see the place in person and talk to some of the students. It is a little inconvenient for me to schedule a visit so I was hoping for any firsthand information that anyone would like to share.

I had a few of my friends from India - transfer out from another school, where they were not too happy, and went with Prairie Air. It worked out pretty well for them.

Going and visiting the place is probably your best bet - and you will get a ton of info. You can also meet some of the students who are there.

Cheers

I had a few of my friends from India - transfer out from another school, where they were not too happy, and went with Prairie Air. It worked out pretty well for them.

Going and visiting the place is probably your best bet - and you will get a ton of info. You can also meet some of the students who are there.

Cheers

Thanks sunny441. Yeah I guess it will be worth the time and airfare in the end. Do you know how long ago your friends from India attended Prairie?

its been at least a couple years now. they were might pleased with it. I will be starting my training in the first week of January (hopefully!)

good luck to you, and hope things work out for you!

cheers

its been at least a couple years now. they were might pleased with it. I will be starting my training in the first week of January (hopefully!)

good luck to you, and hope things work out for you!

cheers

Thanks! Are you going to be starting Prairie in Jan? If my visit goes well I will see you there as I plan on going late Jan early Feb. Please if you don't mind can you keep me updated about what you think about the school. ewangers@gmail.com

Good luck to you too.

unfortunately i won't be training at prairie air. Herb does not deal with issuing of visas for international students i think. So I am doing my training up in MN - at a small school. I visited there last week and met the students and the instructors and was quite pleased.

good luck to you once again - and if you consider switching schools, please feel free to contact me!

cheers

unfortunately i won't be training at prairie air. Herb does not deal with issuing of visas for international students i think. So I am doing my training up in MN - at a small school. I visited there last week and met the students and the instructors and was quite pleased.

good luck to you once again - and if you consider switching schools, please feel free to contact me!

cheers

Thanks.

Back