Another crash "witness"

t-cart

I usually don't have much to say about the experts and witness accounts but this was just a little bit far out there for me to understand.

I was reading an accident report from a local paper about an ag accident and the "witness" said,,,,"Looked to me like he parallel dropped it"?????? Huh? Then he went on to the standard "witness" account,,,,"I think it stalled on him, it was cutting out" Wow!!! :bandit:

I usually don't have much to say about the experts and witness accounts but this was just a little bit far out there for me to understand.

I was reading an accident report from a local paper about an ag accident and the "witness" said,,,,"Looked to me like he parallel dropped it"?????? Huh? Then he went on to the standard "witness" account,,,,"I think it stalled on him, it was cutting out" Wow!!! :bandit:

No explosion???? :banghead:

Looked to me like he parallel dropped it",,,"I think it stalled on him, it was cutting out" Wow!!! :bandit:

Ah...the old Parallel dropped it and then stalling by cutting out...I hate when that happens!

Can you even hazzard a guess at what he meant by "parallel dropped it"?

When do you start spraying for the season?

Ah...the old Parallel dropped it and then stalling by cutting out...I hate when that happens!

When do you start spraying for the season?

Waco, I have been trying to figure that one out too. Beats me.

Actually got started today. Did a little fertilizing in the TurboThrush. Haven't been in a Thrush in over ten years and had a few weebeegebee's driving out to the strip. After a few loads it was just another day at work. Felt really good to get back in one.:bandit:

Waco, I have been trying to figure that one out too. Beats me.

Actually got started today. Did a little fertilizing in the TurboThrush. Haven't been in a Thrush in over ten years and had a few weebeegebee's driving out to the strip. After a few loads it was just another day at work. Felt really good to get back in one.:bandit:

Good for you T-cart. How much flying will you be doing? How long does the season go, and when does it start in earnest?

He was parallel to a phone pole and then the airplane dropped from the lines it was snagged on?

Good for you T-cart. How much flying will you be doing? How long does the season go, and when does it start in earnest?

Waco, I really don't know how much flying I will be doing. I had talked to a couple of old friends this winter about helping out a (little) and they both thought that it would be a good idea to have me "on call" so to speak. One of the guys is a one plane operator, so I know that he's going to do what he has to do to pay the bills. The other is a two plane operator, and hasn't hired another pilot. I will probably be doing the second seat flying (picking up the crumbs) there.:)

The season here will usually get busy around mid April and run through mid Otober. We are just doing a little bit of Wheat work and a little bit of spraying right now, so I'm really not expecting a lot of flying until mid April.

I really enjoyed myself yesterday after the nerves went away. Everything fell right into place, and it felt like I had done this before. Really felt good to get back in. I love the smell of burning jet fuel.:D

Waco, I really don't know how much flying I will be doing. I had talked to a couple of old friends this winter about helping out a (little) and they both thought that it would be a good idea to have me "on call" so to speak. One of the guys is a one plane operator, so I know that he's going to do what he has to do to pay the bills. The other is a two plane operator, and hasn't hired another pilot. I will probably be doing the second seat flying (picking up the crumbs) there.:)

The season here will usually get busy around mid April and run through mid Otober. We are just doing a little bit of Wheat work and a little bit of spraying right now, so I'm really not expecting a lot of flying until mid April.

I really enjoyed myself yesterday after the nerves went away. Everything fell right into place, and it felt like I had done this before. Really felt good to get back in. I love the smell of burning jet fuel.:D

Burning Jet fuel in the morning - it smells like victory!

Send the pics and I'll post them. I want to come down when things are in full swing.

Back