"Angel Flight" down in Easton, MA

sad indeed.

While everyone was said the plane was nearly vertical Phyll thought the pilot was landing:
"I saw the plane going around, and I think he was trying to land ... they were going to use (the parking lot) to land," said witness Phyll Aguian

How sad...The families of those involved are in my prayers. My hat goes off to the controller. You can hear in his voice how concerned he was but was still professional.

Those tapes are bone chilling...

How freaking terrible.

Regards to the family. Appropriately, my thoughts go out to the controller as well. I've heard that's the worst thing that can happen to a controller.

Those tapes are bone chilling...

How freaking terrible.

Regards to the family. Appropriately, my thoughts go out to the controller as well. I've heard that's the worst thing that can happen to a controller.

Yeah, hopefully he realizes that it wasn't anything he could have reasonably prevented. I'm sure he went home early today, though. Best wishes to him and the friends and loved ones of the victim.

sad... what was the weather like? sounds very low vis

wonder if the guy was current in IFR as well...

Angel Flight, or any medi-vac type of crash always hits me harder than most. My life was saved after a car wreck by life flight, and the people flying any of these types of missions - be they fixed wing, rotor, Angel Flight, or whatever have my deepest appreciation.

Not to jump ahead too much, but it is reasonable to conclude that some kind of litigation may occur - it just happens. Angel Flight needs our support and help, so when making a charitable donation they would be someone to think of. Additionally, AF and others almost always need volunteers. If you are not financially capable, your work volunteering is also an extrememly valuable contribution.

My prayers to all involved.

Just saw it on the local news.... very very sad. The audio combined with the images sends my heart and prayers out...

I flew over to Vermont one weekend and ran into an Angel Flight pilot. I don't remmeber enough of our casual conversation, or even his name, but you always have to wonder when you hear news of this nature.

Spacial disorientation maybe? It didn't sound like he was indicating engine trouble when they were still talking to him.

We will keep the family in our prayers. Terrible to hear about this.

Back