ameriflight

exerauflyboy5

Did alittle reading and searching (yes i found the button) and i have a couple Q's

Why is it called the glass palace?

Is it possible to get hired under the mins (lets say 1000TT) and fly right seat till you meet them, WITH OUT PAYING?

IF you do pay, and sit right seat in the metro and meet the mins, will you get assigned the metro?

Whats the best way to get into the metro?

How much flying on average does a training captain do?

Getting way to tired of the BS at my flight school, and im looking for a way out.
THANKS!

Did alittle reading and searching (yes i found the button) and i have a couple Q's

Is it possible to get hired under the mins (lets say 1000TT) and fly right seat till you meet them, WITH OUT PAYING?

IF you do pay, and sit right seat in the metro and meet the mins, will you get assigned the metro?

Getting way to tired of the BS at my flight school, and im looking for a way out.
THANKS!

You can get on flying right seat in the bro. I did that for 8 months then got on the metro. I dont think they have any F/O openings at this time.

You can get on flying right seat in the bro. I did that for 8 months then got on the metro. I dont think they have any F/O openings at this time.

Heres to hoping that you're back in CVG with us soon.

I've never heard the term.

Not so likely. They are so desperate for pilots right now.

Do yourself and your wallet a favor...don't do this. Just instruct until you get to 135 mins and submitt your stuff. You could also keep an eye out for a FO position in the brasilia and get paid to fly in the right seat.

Get hired into BUR and be willing to move anywhere to upgrade into the BE-99. Then be willing to move anywhere to upgrade into the metro after you've built some time it the 99.

Its feast or famine. Sometimes the fly a lot and sometimes they don't.

THANKS!

We all get burned everyonce in a while. Take hit in strides and keep working at it.

Good Luck!

glass palace is the hanger/mgmt in BUR

no FO openings right now

we arn't desperate unless you will fly the navajo in oak or pdx or some armpit hole in texas.

plan to get screwed a couple of times on equipment upgrades

no straight hires into the metro unless lots of time and metro time

saw the first sucker pay for time FO in slc someome is feeding him loads of BS on getting a FO job in the lear or Bro with only 500hrs after he is donezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

xxxxxxxxxxxxXCazw

that was my little girl saying hi

plan to have long days, and some of the funnest flying you will do

Jtrain will chime in on the training captain deal he was a former one in his previous life before he went to the dark side

Thanks for all the replies,
and in short

ILL TAKE WHAT EVER THEY HAVE IN OAK!!!!
but how firm are the 1180 mins, im sittin in mid 900s and the flying where i am is starting to dry up and if i have to beg borrow and steal to get some time some ones gonna loose body parts.

Where can i find info on the FO positions, the employment part of the AMF website seems to not be working.

What is the best way to get an equipment upgrade, flowers? wear a skirt and assume the position?

The 1,200 hour requirement is not an Amflight requirement, it's an FAA requirement. Read up on part 135 regs and you'll see what all the listed minimums are.

As a training captain you're based in Burbank. You'll spend lots of time with Bob, with the sim and maybe a lot of time flying. You may fly 150 hours in a 9 month period like me, or more like 500 like some other cats. Just kinda depends.

If you like the Burbank area, in my opinion, there is not a better flying gig than as a training captain at Amflight. It was easily the most fun flying I've done, but I hated Burbank.

I'd recommend it, but only if you're serious about teaching. I probably miss the teaching the most there.

Off the top of my head, no FO openings at this time, all positions to my knowledge on the Bro are filled, but that can change at any time and never hurts to keep in touch every few months. Bro lines right now are Texas with 3 runs.

Leaving that, 1180 is most likely a hard time limit, right now it seems as though we are back to a being able to pick and choose mentality at the "crystal palace".

If you want into a Metro, do what KLB said. Get hired, be willing to live with the ability to move quickly from base to base to get upgrades and use it for what it's worth. If you want to stay at one base then you will have to take what you get.

Don't pay for flight time here, spend the time working and come in and get paid, otherwise just try to enjoy having a job, the times suck hard right now and who knows if it's going to go up or down.

Good luck.

I figured that 1180 would be standard mins, and concerning those.
According to the website you need to have 900hrs in airplane, does that leave the door open to add some sim time in (proably a dumb question but it would be nice to know).

And what about becoming a training captain and building senority, is there a possibilty to commute from norcal to socal and vice versa on weekends?

And what about becoming a training captain and building senority, is there a possibilty to commute from norcal to socal and vice versa on weekends?

Last I heard, they have a non-cass agreement with southwest... you might want to see freightdog at APF for more info... (waits for thor of Doug to strike for other forum plug)

I figured that 1180 would be standard mins, and concerning those.
According to the website you need to have 900hrs in airplane, does that leave the door open to add some sim time in (proably a dumb question but it would be nice to know).

No idea about the sim time, since unless it's a level D sim you can't log it as total time. The 1180 is all total time, if you have any questions about the requirements for a 135 PIC flight position grab a FAR/AIM and look under 135.243 Paragraph (C)1-4.

seniority is a funny thing here, wouldn't hurt to get your foot in the door plus a lot of the offline training captains get into the beech 99 faster that way.

Commuting is one of those things, officialy if you miss your show time or duty show because of a commuting thing then it's your butt. Jumpseating is only fairly guaranteed through SWA, others are at your own risk.

Do they still need pilots for OAK over at Ameriflight? I saw that they took all their adds off climbto350 today. Also, what are the runs out of OAK like? I live in PHX and just put my stuff in about a week ago...just curious how much time I will get to spend at "home" if offered the job...

Do they still need pilots for OAK over at Ameriflight? I saw that they took all their adds off climbto350 today. Also, what are the runs out of OAK like? I live in PHX and just put my stuff in about a week ago...just curious how much time I will get to spend at "home" if offered the job...

I wouldn't reccomend going to OAK unless you live there or have friends there. Call the ACP in PHX and talk to him. I don't know what 99 runs are still open or if you qualify for them. Don't go to OAK its the black hole of AMF pilots disappear there and never come back!

BTW we always need pilots in OAK and PDX

Back