American Eagle interview

A buddy of mine jsut received an UNSAT on the sim portion of his training with eagle, what does this mean??

Also what should a VFR CFI study for the interview?? Seems like a lot of stuff, havent done IFR for about 1.5 years.

American Eagle has a " three strike and your out " rule. Basically, fail a written and that is stike one. Get an unsatisfactory in a sim and that is strike two. At this point you need to make a decision as to whether or not you wish to continue training. Your choices are continue or resign. If you continue and fail any other portion of training you will be terminated.

Wow after getting through all that you'd kind of expect you'd be flying a space shuttle rather than a Saab. Quite a big difference from Colgan interviews where they just check your pulse. Seriously why does AE do this kind of 2 day all day interview, it just seems unnecessary.

Wow after getting through all that you'd kind of expect you'd be flying a space shuttle rather than a Saab. Quite a big difference from Colgan interviews where they just check your pulse. Seriously why does AE do this kind of 2 day all day interview, it just seems unnecessary.

Maybe because they want to uphold a certain amount of quality.

Couldn´t agree more

Hello everyone,

Yes, Maximillium Genius, the interview process at Eagle is one of the most unnecessarily thorough, long, tiring and stressful. Yes, it is correct, personnel is nice, specially the HR pilot (yes he was a capt doing HR duties!) and the ladies there... Jeanie and Claudette to mention two at least. :yup:

The tech part had a lot of "what if´s" and strange looks from the interviewer like he was thinking "this dumb guy is not a Mr-thinks-he-knows-it-all like those we love to have here at Eagle".:eek:

I felt I was being interviewed to fly the A380 instead of a mere old relic like the ATR in SJU (which is said to be the most JR base) And even if I was being interviewed for the A380, Im sure the interview would´ve been way MUCH easier and down to earth.

I had an experience interviewing with Eagle, it always adds up to your knowledge and takes you out of the daily routine. However, I do not plan on attending any other Eagle interview. Plus, after all, it is the LAST company that I would like to work for. :insane: Good luck to all. :nana2:

Re: Couldn´t agree more

Wow. Sounds like somebody didn't make it through the entire interview.

And...FWIW: They make the interviews "thorough, long, tiring and stressful" because, even though we don't fly the A380, you have to be just as SAFE, knowledgeable and proficient on the "old relic like the ATR in SJU" because, after all, peoples lives are in your hands.

Sorry you didn't have an "enjoyable" interview. Better luck at your next airline interview.

Stan
(American Eagle CRJ-700 FO who thoroughly enjoyed the entire process)

Re: Couldn´t agree more

The tech part had a lot of "what if´s" and strange looks from the interviewer like he was thinking "this dumb guy is not a Mr-thinks-he-knows-it-all like those we love to have here at Eagle".

Aroo? I'm pretty sure Eagle (and most airlines, for that matter) would *much* rather have someone who doesn't think he knows it all. I tried to go in there humble, and came out humbler, and it worked OK.

I felt I was being interviewed to fly the A380 instead of a mere old relic like the ATR in SJU (which is said to be the most JR base) And even if I was being interviewed for the A380, Im sure the interview would´ve been way MUCH easier and down to earth.

As much as I bad mouth the ATR (because I couldn't land it for crap), I would definately call BS here. Its flight deck is more advanced than most MD-80's and all 737-300's--it's got some pretty advanced automation (power control, for example, is more automated than the CRJ200).

However, I do not plan on attending any other Eagle interview. Plus, after all, it is the LAST company that I would like to work for. :insane:

Really? I left, but there's a LOT of companies I think you'd be crazy to work for instead of them.

-Zach
(Former Eagle ATR FO who really enjoyed the interview process as well)

I though the interview was pretty straight forward. Your not interviewing to drive a school bus!!!! Eagle didn't even ask about systems of a multi you have been flying. A simple ATP test, some questions about approach plates, and shot an ILS in a sim. If anything the hardest part was just sitting around the whole time. I'll agree the medical was a little much.

And by the way the ATR ROCKS!!!!!

Ok ok guys, my opinion was not intended to offend anyone or you American Eagle lovers. I respect you and after all, we are all pilots and know how much effort we have to put to it. It was my own perception of the interview I had.

And yes, safety is the number 1 priority above all things, in any airline and any country (or at least it should be) I believe companies have to maintain a minimum set of hiring standards but at the end, their specific training is what´s going to "brush up" and prepare the pilot for the operation in which he/she will perform.

Wish the best to all of you in your careers, and yes, I am happy to say that I have been hired by a regional, actually the one I always wanted to work for. ;)

So you have to do some vision tests uncorrected? What are they looking for? I have 20/20 with my contacts in, but I am freaking blind without them 20/400(-3.00 Diopters). They ask me to look at a wall chart and I'd be lucky to get the E! That would be rather embarassing.

So you have to do some vision tests uncorrected? What are they looking for? I have 20/20 with my contacts in, but I am freaking blind without them 20/400(-3.00 Diopters). They ask me to look at a wall chart and I'd be lucky to get the E! That would be rather embarassing.
You know....I don't recall if I did the vision test uncorrected or not.....but, I'm old so...... ;)

vision test is corrected...I tried to do it uncorrected just for the hell of it...couldn't squeak out 1 friggin letter on the tiny line at the bottom...after about 12 guesses we both laughed and I put on some glasses so I could read it.:)

If you wear contacts, take all your contact solution and whatever you need to take them out/put them back in because they will have to be removed for the glaucoma/puffer test.

And...

No, the interview isn't that bad at all as long as you study the gouges and come prepared...nothing out of the ordinary was asked....just things that any decent CFII *should* know.;) I have to admit, I didn't know any of the RVR rules/requirements until I started studying for my AE interview though. ....but trust me, you NEED to know it... You WILL apply those rules EVERY day in the sim and out on the line when the weather goes to hell.

Excellent detailed write-up. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Additional questions:

1) Has DFW domiciling gone senior? It was junior (I thought) a few months back.

2) If you receive an UNSAT on the Sim, or they evaluate you and decide not to hire you anyway, do they give you any sort of feedback as to why? I would think that one could brush up and try again or maybe they were having an off day and they could apply those lessons to the next interview, at Eagle or elsewhere.

I know some non-pilot people (mgmt) at Eagle, and all of them, to the man, have said that Eagle is a great place to work, and that management really does care about the employees. Those kind of endorsements from people who have nothing to gain by them carry a lot of weight with me.

Where is the best place to get info on and study the RVR stuff? It's been too long and I can't remember all of it.
Thanks

Excellent detailed write-up. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Additional questions:

1) Has DFW domiciling gone senior? It was junior (I thought) a few months back.

2) If you receive an UNSAT on the Sim, or they evaluate you and decide not to hire you anyway, do they give you any sort of feedback as to why? I would think that one could brush up and try again or maybe they were having an off day and they could apply those lessons to the next interview, at Eagle or elsewhere.

I know some non-pilot people (mgmt) at Eagle, and all of them, to the man, have said that Eagle is a great place to work, and that management really does care about the employees. Those kind of endorsements from people who have nothing to gain by them carry a lot of weight with me.
1. You can be guaranteed DFW now at the interview and on the SAAB it is very junior (I think the SAAB will always be very junior).

2.If you are let go at the interview, they give you zero feedback and you can reapply in six months. I assume that if you messed up in the sim you would know why. Trust me when I say the interview is very simple.

Back