American Airlines Could Cut 900 F/A

Thats the first news Ive seen from AA in regards to the airline cut back fiasco. That does suck

I think that their getting drink machines now, you know the ones that you put quarters in.
:sarcasm:

The industry doesn't look good.

I saw an AA F/A at the store the other day purchasing beverages and snacks in bulk. I asked her if AA finally had the F/As shopping for the in-flight provisions. She laughed and said no, but it wouldn't surprise her if that was coming. :D

Those are pretty much folks who'd been furloughed before, and recalled. Now they're getting it again.

I know exactly how they feel. And it's not good. :(

I'd have to check the numbers to see if this affects people who have never been furloughed, I'm not sure exactly what this amounts to in terms of hire dates and/or TWA status.

That's terrible news. I feel for ANYONE who gets furloughed. :( Good luck to all of them.

Just a quick note to clarify too, these 900 F/As are right now just getting WARN letters, not actual furlough letters YET...... The actual number will depend on what they get as far as voluntary leaves and that early retirement program.

Back