Although I was never really "in"...

gtlyon

I am no longer seeking avaition as a profession. I fly for fun now.

Currently in my first week of a Basic Police Academy out here in good ole Cali. I am out of my comfort zone for sure but I am surviving. It is a year long course---wish me luck!

Good luck.

What force?
Thanks! No force as of yet. I am self sponsored. Where I live in California, the local agencies aren't hiring unless you lateral in,graduated the academy or are currently enrolled. So it is a gamble to an extent. I am hopeful though!

You must be in a quiet area of Cali. Because all including (mine) is hiring. We can not find qualified individuals. We just started our first academy in 4 plus years. We already had two quit in the first week, one within 4 hours!

You must be in a quiet area of Cali. Because all including (mine) is hiring. We can not find qualified individuals. We just started our first academy in 4 plus years. We already had two quit in the first week, one within 4 hours!
Yes it is a bit quiet hiring wise. This particular academy allows me to still hold a job as I attend. It's tough, it is a bit of a culture shock but I am surviving. We have lost 7 so far and it has only been a week. I will try and keep you all up to date on my experiences and progress!

Can you tell us which Academy it is? Affiliated with a California Community College, perhaps?

Back