Alpine Air??

dcramer16

I got a call from the Chief Pilot and sounds like he's interested in me. I searched threads for info on this company and it seemed nobody anywhere had anything nice to say. But all the threads were over a year old. So I'm just looking for up to date info.

The job sounds nice. It's in a Beech 99, so it would be PIC Turbine for me. It's Mon-Fri from 10pm - 5am. $1500 bonus, and $1000 moving expenses. Pay is $160/day. The thing I like the most is its only a 6 month contract!

Does anyone have any current info on Alpine Air?

I got a call from the Chief Pilot and sounds like he's interested in me. I searched threads for info on this company and it seemed nobody anywhere had anything nice to say. But all the threads were over a year old. So I'm just looking for up to date info.

The job sounds nice. It's in a Beech 99, so it would be PIC Turbine for me. It's Mon-Fri from 10pm - 5am. $1500 bonus, and $1000 moving expenses. Pay is $160/day. The thing I like the most is its only a 6 month contract!

Does anyone have any current info on Alpine Air?

I've heard both incredibly good things and incredibly bad things. I tend to think that the good stuff comes from those who haven't worked their, but I don't know, look into it. They did have a pft program that was highly mocked, however, the pay is decent for a flying job such as that.

-pat

I haven't heard great things about working for them... but if you're looking for a little stability at a bad time in this industry, I'd interview. 10pm-5am means you'll be doing one of the Postal Service routes most likely. Scheduled freight is they way to go at the moment (I'm only referring to UPS, USPS, and FedEx routes- not checks). Alpine does both the UPS and USPS routes out of Bil, so it should be somewhat stable.

Honestly though, I'd probably look into Corporate Air (I believe they're still looking for a couple North Dakota pilots and some wyoming pilots), Mountain Air Cargo, CSA, Empire or any other FedEx Feeder. The only reason I say that is, if you need stability (which from reading some of your other posts, it sounds like you do), I don't think you can top FedEx feeder freight at the moment with your hours. If I lost my job, that'd be what I would do short-term. They really aren't competing with each other, their pay is good, and I've never heard a bad thing from Corporate Air or CSA pilots.

I haven't heard great things about working for them... but if you're looking for a little stability at a bad time in this industry, I'd interview. 10pm-5am means you'll be doing one of the Postal Service routes most likely. Scheduled freight is they way to go at the moment (I'm only referring to UPS, USPS, and FedEx routes- not checks). Alpine does both the UPS and USPS routes out of Bil, so it should be somewhat stable.

Honestly though, I'd probably look into Corporate Air (I believe they're still looking for a couple North Dakota pilots and some wyoming pilots), Mountain Air Cargo, CSA, Empire or any other FedEx Feeder. The only reason I say that is, if you need stability (which from reading some of your other posts, it sounds like you do), I don't think you can top FedEx feeder freight at the moment with your hours. If I lost my job, that'd be what I would do short-term. They really aren't competing with each other, their pay is good, and I've never heard a bad thing from Corporate Air or CSA pilots.

I filled out the online app for Corporate Air. Thanks. Any idea what the pay is like?

I think all the Fedex guys get roughly the same. Check airlinepilotcentral for empire or mountain air's 208 payscale and I'll bet it's real close to what CSA and Corporate pay.

Haven't heard to much good stuff but than again I work for AMF and there not really good friends. They have had 2 BE-1900 crash within six months, no idea and might never know what happened.

The pay is better than AMF

All the FedEx feeders require >2000 TT for the Caravans. What were your times when Alpine gave you the call?

All the FedEx feeders require >2000 TT for the Caravans. What were your times when Alpine gave you the call?

I can't remember. He said I was a little short on time but that they could work around it. It's with the 99, and he said you need some turbine to fly it. And I have none.

I just re-read your post and realized I didn't even come close to answer your question. LOL Sorry about that.

I am sitting at about 2400TT and 800ME. Alas, no turbine time, so I'm finding it is hard to move up to a bigger paycheck, from what I was getting paid at AirNet. In fact, it is starting to look like I will have to take a pay cut!

Haven't heard to much good stuff but than again I work for AMF and there not really good friends. They have had 2 BE-1900 crash within six months, no idea and might never know what happened.

The pay is better than AMF

I think that poor bastard in Hawaii just fell asleep.

DO NOT go to Alpine Air.

I had a very good friend remain unemployed rather than going there.

I think their tt mins are 1500 for the 99 and 2000 for the 1900. I've seriously consider them because they have routes in MT and thats where I wana live. Its a crappy schedule but pays pretty decent. Anyone have a number for their DO? If my visa for India doesn't go through I might give them a call.
=Jason-

No pay for MX Cancellations, during training you are sharing a bunk bed in a hangar, horrific safety record, just don't go there.

Unless you've worked there I don't believe people have a right to tell someone "I've got a job, don't go there". Freight is freight. If someone wants to go and find out for themselves so be it. Right now if a person can find a job flying they should take it. OMG, the paint is faded, don't work there. No one can fly a 35 years old airplane and expect some mtx issues from time to time. If the engines run and the wings are attached and the six pack works, youre going.
No pay for mtx cancellations? That means you don't work that day. Enjoy the day off. A bunk in a hangar? Yeah, ask some FLX people about that. Horrific safety record? According to who? A guy that remains unemployed instead of working? Come on...

No you come on Jino. This guy has about 3000 hours of Beech 1900 time and Saab time so he knows about planes that don't look pretty but are safe to fly. He was working for Corporate Air out in Hawaii so he was flying freight and got furloughed.

It is a very cavalier attitude you display with your 'If the engines run and the wings are attached and the six pack works, youre going.' attitude.

He did find a job outside of aviation. Like I said, he didn't feel the need to work there as he didn't feel safe.

An excerpt from the email he sent me...

''I have been offered a position to fly for Alpine Air in a Beech 99 or Beech 1900. This concerns me a bit from everything I have heard about them. They have crashed two Beech 1900's in the last 6 months. When I went for the interview last night, it seemed very laid back. Almost too much so. The chief pilot flat out told me maintenance is not their strong suit.''

Alrighty, then. Out of curiosity what was his basis for the "unsafe" label?

They are very unsafe.

DO NOT GO THERE.

I had a buddy load cargo for them and he had nothing good to say about them. Terrible management, maintenance, safety record, etc.

If you want up your chances of dying, go to Alpine Air.

Back