ALPA Pride Laynard

Just FYI… I ordered mine multiple times using the web form, never showed up. Had to get one from another pilot.

As a data point, I ordered mine on December 24th and received it on January 13th. 3 weeks is not too shabby, especially since a third of it was holidays/airline super bowl.

Ahem… "Fatigued"

I think those are idiotic AF.

"Well, go home or something?"

I’ve got a “Civilian” lanyard to show our abundance of military aviators that game respect game. That and so they can be disappointed without asking where I came from.

You can, but wouldn't recommend one made in this country. I've heard that Honda's, Toyota's made in the US aren't made to the same quality as the ones in Japan.

You should see the stuff Mercedes used to ship us from the Alabama plant. Especially during the height of COVID when they were having trouble sourcing parts. They kept building cars the whole time but would park them in a field until they could retrofit whatever was missing. Until they started hiring hourly temp employees in Tuscaloosa, AL to manage the process.

You should see the stuff Mercedes used to ship us from the Alabama plant. Especially during the height of COVID when they were having trouble sourcing parts. They kept building cars the whole time but would park them in a field until they could retrofit whatever was missing. Until they started hiring hourly temp employees in Tuscaloosa, AL to manage the process.

I'm guessing the quality was trash, compared to what was being made and shipped from Munich, or where the German plants are?

I'm guessing the quality was trash, compared to what was being made and shipped from Munich, or where the German plants are?

The core car was fine because the engines and transmissions are assembled abroad. But little QC stuff would rear its head right after delivery. Cars would show up with mismatched door panels; missing options. One time I had a GLE show up with the rear bumper installed but none of the trim pieces.

Back