Allegiant Closing AUS base Jan 2025.

Crockrocket94

From friends there sounds like the AUS base is done in January.

More so from the airport refusing to allow them to overnight planes in parking then Allegiant wanting to shut it down.

Sucks to hear- have a good buddy who moved out there a few years ago because of the Austin base.

That’s the scary thing about Allegiant. Occasionally I think about how nice it would be to work for them out of the AVL base and be home every night. But if that closes a pretty nice job turns into a nightmare where I’d basically have to move.
Yeah making a career at a base-centric airline seems like playing with fire.

Yeah making a career at a base-centric airline seems like playing with fire.

Especially since they're second or third tier airports, so even if you could somehow stomach commuting and living in a Crashpad during the week, you'd have to find yourself to somewhere like Bellingham, WA or Orlando Sanford, which definitely reduces the fun factor.

Especially since they're second or third tier airports, so even if you could somehow stomach commuting and living in a Crashpad during the week, you'd have to find yourself to somewhere like Bellingham, WA or Orlando Sanford, which definitely reduces the fun factor.
Man, this post either seriously underestimates BLI or overestimates SFB

That’s the scary thing about Allegiant. Occasionally I think about how nice it would be to work for them out of the AVL base and be home every night. But if that closes a pretty nice job turns into a nightmare where I’d basically have to move.
I've been thinking the same about their TYS base.

I'd kill to be based in Bellignham. It's where me and my mates want to move, but I would never survive the commute as it stands.

Bellingham is pretty cool. BC is on your doorstep. I don't think it has yet been fully overrun by tech bros, and the scenery is fantastic. It is a place we have looked at for the forever move. The commute to seatac would be the same as what I do now, which would still suck, but I'd also try being more senior by then.

I'd kill to be based in Bellignham. It's where me and my mates want to move, but I would never survive the commute as it stands.
There's much worse commutes. YVR,BLI,PAE,BFI,SEA are all drivable and can get you to anywhere in the world on 2 legs.
Whenever I think my commute is bad I talk to someone that jumps two legs and rides a tractor trailer.

There's much worse commutes. YVR,BLI,PAE,BFI,SEA are all drivable and can get you to anywhere in the world on 2 legs.
Whenever I think my commute is bad I talk to someone that jumps two legs and rides a tractor trailer.
Only if I was a lineholder, and that won't be for years.

Back