Allegiant Air Hiring

Im always getting dis-regarded:def::(

Persistence, networking, timing, knowledge and sacrifice. Those are the five keys to making it in the dispatch world. You never stop applying to jobs and continue to apply even after you have been rejected multiple times. You need to take whatever jobs get offered to you. You cannot always pick and choose which airline you want to start out at. It is a major advantage to have friends on the inside. This is true in any job in aviation. The more friends you have, the easier it is to get hired. The better you know the job, the easier it is to get hired. Lastly and maybe most importantly, you need to have good timing. Good timing can mean the difference between getting to a major in 6 months or getting there in 2 decades or it can mean taking a long time to find your first dispatch job.

Never give up, never get discouraged. You will make it!

I'd really do my homework before applying. Allegiant is unlike any other air carrier. Maybe visit the pilot forums here and read through the threads before making a decision. There are some unique challenges to Allegiant's model.

I can certainly imagine! On the other hand; I'm desperate for a job and Allegiant seems like a pretty decent company. I think every office probably has its own unique challenges.

BayouMLU said:
I'd really do my homework before applying. Allegiant is unlike any other air carrier. Maybe visit the pilot forums here and read through the threads before making a decision. There are some unique challenges to Allegiant's model.

That's quite vague... I submit that at this point Allegiant is a better horse to hitch your wagon to then half the regionals out there just in terms of long term stability alone.

I also want to urge caution taking a companies temperature via the pilot's forum. Sentiments of the pilots on the line seldom are accurate indicators of neither the general health of the airline nor what life is like in the dispatch office. Pilots are subjected to a lot of rhetoric and are conditioned to assume anything coming from the head office is either disingenuous or compete bullpucky. I'm not a pilot on the line so I can't comment on their truth vs reality, but conversely they generally have absolutely no idea what's going on in the office and to many all they know about the dispatcher is that he's the guy he has to keep calling to ask for stuff.

I'm not saying don't work there. I'm just saying do your homework because its the only operation of its kind and not what you expect if you have any experience in airline operations. There are some great people there and there is a bit of a family feel, but the operational side of life isn't for everyone. I enjoyed working there immensely, but I'm the kind of guy that gets geeked over challenges and doing things differently. However, I know that's not for everyone and I witnessed the frustrations of others.

Good luck to all who apply...

Last edited:
I was just offered a phone interview. Apparently the first step is a phone interview. If they like you in that, they follow up with a face-to-face.

Eh I already got a TBNT. What's the deal Phil, you're just getting all the jobs these days it seems.

Back