Alaska Hawaiian Merger Serious Version

Hawaiian only has access to the 330Fs through Amazon. They are on the certificate, but I'd guess that without the Amazon contract they go away.
I knew that much, I suppose what I was wondering was if HAL had its own internal cargo/freight business? Since our 800Fs are ETOPS approved it’d be cool if we gave NAC a run for their money.

Us naval aviators have a great WhatsApp going on right now with Alaska and HAL dudes. I wish I could read you guys into the truth bombs going off. Turns out, grass is not greener in either place, and people generally seem happy too. I think we need to support a market rate 717 pay scale as a whole body. That's gonna be the first thing they try to concess if you will (that wasn't a word btw)

Us naval aviators have a great WhatsApp going on right now with Alaska and HAL dudes. I wish I could read you guys into the truth bombs going off. Turns out, grass is not greener in either place, and people generally seem happy too. I think we need to support a market rate 717 pay scale as a whole body. That's gonna be the first thing they try to concess if you will (that wasn't a word btw)

Be aware the "market" is Delta, and their 717 payrate isn't going to give guys the warm fuzzy feelings they are looking for. Also if you roll the 717 into the "narrowbody" pay rate, suddenly your MRN calculation is going to have to include Delta's 717 rate and every other NB pilot on the 737 and 321 is going to be taking a several dollar an hour haircut.

Be aware the "market" is Delta, and their 717 payrate isn't going to give guys the warm fuzzy feelings they are looking for. Also if you roll the 717 into the "narrowbody" pay rate, suddenly your MRN calculation is going to have to include Delta's 717 rate and every other NB pilot on the 737 and 321 is going to be taking a several dollar an hour haircut.

BUT I THOUGHT WE COULD JUST TELL THEM WHAT WE WANT AND THEY'D HAVE TO GIVE IT TO US BECAUSE THE COMPANY NEEDS US!?!?!?!

AND I'M VOTING NO!!!

Fair points

Yeah im not gonna click on a pages link and then two pages of single spaced letter. Give us a tl;d
Basically the pilot group:
B086659A-9BC1-4186-875D-4B76B94C4544.webp

Gotta love the intro email from the new training whatever dude. “You’re a bunch of slackers, better whip it into shape!”
Says data shows something, then doesn’t cite any data. Maybe if CQ events weren’t such a handful they could be checking that everyone not only follows SOPs, but UNDERSTANDS the reasons for the SOPs. I’ve heard next years CQ is…. Spicy. But yes, keep sending emails about autobrakes.

Says data shows something, then doesn’t cite any data. Maybe if CQ events weren’t such a handful they could be checking that everyone not only follows SOPs, but UNDERSTANDS the reasons for the SOPs. I’ve heard next years CQ is…. Spicy. But yes, keep sending emails about autobrakes.
I often wonder if anyone in our training department has read the AQP manual. This year was trending in the right direction but still silly. Was hoping it would continue down that path.

My biggest item I’ve notice as nonstandard from FOs is the flight control check.

Holy cow.

Y’all have an aversion to go FULL deflection.

That is *required*

99% of the time I see a half-ass effort for the yoke control check.

Why not just do it per SOP?

And twice now, I’ve had FOs who didn’t even do the pull-back (aft) direction. They go forward, left, right, and then neutral. I can only *assume* it’s because they don’t want to bring it back to prevent the tummy gut touch.

Here I will speak up. Had one FO (very senior, like a 1800 number) say, “oh you want me to check in the aft position?”

I mean, if you don’t, what’s the worst possible time you would discover a blockage/limited movement in the aft wheel direction?

At VR.

Now you discover the plane won’t takeoff due to some jam. That’s a huge ouch. Forced a high speed reject above V1. You’re going off roading and possibly dying.

Now not in the SOP - as far as I can tell - but during flight prep at gate, please either the CA or the FO try the stab trim wheel in both direction and verify it moves in the proper direction as your thumb switch.

There was one virtual shop crew where they never checked. And by chance, the plane’s trim setting was already set at near 5.0 which matched their TO data requirement. So they blast off, and then AIRBORNE discover their electric stab trim doesn’t work.

No bueno.

3 big killers on takeoff:

Flaps
Trims
FULL correct continuity of flight control surfaces

Any of those missed or mis-set, and you could crash.

Now not in the SOP - as far as I can tell - but during flight prep at gate, please either the CA or the FO try the stab trim wheel in both direction and verify it moves in the proper direction as your thumb switch.

There was one virtual shop crew where they never checked. And by chance, the plane’s trim setting was already set at near 5.0 which matched their TO data requirement. So they blast off, and then AIRBORNE discover their electric stab trim doesn’t work.

Fortunately, in my case it was discovered on the ground at an out station. CA went to set the TO trim (which was not where the trim already was), and no worky. Tried a bunch of stuff, and nothing. Called MX. Turns out it is a couple CBs and throwing the stab trim switches which reset something and then it worked. Now I check when I'm positioning my seat and rudder pedals at the gate.

Back